worst cricketing moment

Ads

worst cricketing moment

i was jus wondering wat the worst moment in cricket is that some of u poeple have gone through

mine is dropping a catch in a grand final ..... i dropped this bloke on about 30 ..... he went on 2 make 100 odd ..... and we only ended up losing by 25 runs

i felt that if i take that catch we win the grand final

Re: worst cricketing moment

My worst was when I dropped the same player twice and he was the only batsman scoring the runs and they won. The chances was hard but I dived and got my both hand both times but the ball just popped out of my hands. The coach wasnt too happy with me.

I've got 2 moments. In one of my first matches for my club, whilst running between the wickets, I set off eagerly for a quick first run and turned for a second without checking with the other batsman. He wasn't keen on the second and I managed to run myself out. I felt so daft because I just threw my wicket away.

The second moment happened to be my first over I bowled in club cricket. First ball I nearly got through the batsman's defence with an off-cutter and then the captain dropped a catch the next ball and then the last of the over I got hit for six onto the clubhouse roof which delayed play for a few minutes as the fielders tried to retrieve the ball. It was quite an eventful over!

any catch i drop is = as bad as the next...
any duck is the same.... havnt had a real stand out bad moment as of yet....

ok my first game of a grade my coache desides to put me up the order to about 2nd drop and i come out knowing that if i do bad he will put me down the order. i got a duck and then ever since i have never been put up the order again due to that moment

but my coach is a tool :cursing:

Couple a weeks ago; Bowled with an painful left elbow and was finding it diffcult to bowl.
Being the frontline spinner;the onus was on me to deliver the goods.
Happy to take two crucial wickets;but we still lost the match due to very poor fielding.
That was my worst cricketing moment.

Three years ago I was playing a game. We needed 7 of the last over to win and I just managed to get two runs from the first five balls :cry A six was required of the last ball and I hit it for a four. The match was tied but that felt absoultely rubbish since we were so close to winning at the start of the over.

Made captain for my side for a game, lost by 1 run. Worst sight ever for me. Not only cause we were so close to victory, but also because I was the captain, and it simply felt bad. (I scored a quickfire 20 odd, perhaps should've batted more sensibly, though for the bowling, I picked three wickets) I gave up on captaincy after that, I thought I wasn't probably prepared for captaincy really, now though, if I get the chance to be the captain, I'll surely grab it.

I've had a few dropped catches and ducks and stuff but nothing majorly stands out tbh. I guess the one that would be worst would be my only real bowling one, where I was completely unable to make a breakthrough and the other team won by 9 wickets. I was the opening bowler and one of only two proper bowlers in the side so it was down to me to deliver and I didn't.

My worst moment to date was my second game for my club. We were playing away from home against one of the best teams in our league. We batted first and it was going great - we set a score that got into the top 10 scores for our team (3rds) and it looked like we were going to walk it....

But then they came out and knocked us round the park - going on to win with 23 overs to spare and for the loss of only 1 wicket :eek:

Very dissappointing and the whole team was down after the match. Funny enough, we didn't even secure a club record for "Most runs scored in a loss":laugh:

for me it was one of the first games i ever played for a mens team - we got bowled out for 23 and managed to have 2 games before tea was ready. :embarrassed:

Worse moment for myself was having a spot of stomach trouble on tour, the previous evenings curry wanted to make a reappearance - sadly I didn't make it off the pitch in time. I suppose I got some runs that day, just not the ones I wanted. :embarrassed: :eek:

I can't really say what my tour nickname used to be, thankfully I play for a different club now.

I`ve got a couple.
Firstly, I had begged a game for a local league club one afternoon, and was placed on deep square leg (out of the way) when the batsman skyed it towards me and with my wonderful technique I positioned myself underneath with good hands to hear "good catch" calls for all over, only to have the ball thump against the ball of my thumb and go for 4 instead of the 6 which the shot deserved! The silence that greeted my throw back from the boundry rope was truely defening.
Secondly, a works game that was heading towards a loss when I decided to up the run rate and barge my way up the order, only to be confronted with the slowest bowler ever known to man. I duely stepped up the track and waited and waited swung for the bleachers and the snow covered ball was missed, clumped fairly and squarely on my pad and I was given out L.B.W. To the biggest cheer of the day I returned red faced to the pavillion to sit down and face the enevitable.
Wayne

Palley said:
I`ve got a couple.
Firstly, I had begged a game for a local league club one afternoon, and was placed on deep square leg (out of the way) when the batsman skyed it towards me and with my wonderful technique I positioned myself underneath with good hands to hear "good catch" calls for all over, only to have the ball thump against the ball of my thumb and go for 4 instead of the 6 which the shot deserved! The silence that greeted my throw back from the boundry rope was truely defening.
Secondly, a works game that was heading towards a loss when I decided to up the run rate and barge my way up the order, only to be confronted with the slowest bowler ever known to man. I duely stepped up the track and waited and waited swung for the bleachers and the snow covered ball was missed, clumped fairly and squarely on my pad and I was given out L.B.W. To the biggest cheer of the day I returned red faced to the pavillion to sit down and face the enevitable.
Wayne
sorry i feel bad for you but thats very funny.

my worst moment was when i was going to play my first match at least i thought i was. the captain told me that i was going to play in the morning. i did the warmups and a little batting and fielding practice. when it was time for the match we won the toss and chose to bat so i got all padded up and ready to go out if a wicket falls only for the coach to say at the last moment that i wasnt playing. i felt the ground immediately feeling very disappointed.

Back