WTF? DVCA change the rules, who knew!!!

Re: WTF? DVCA change the rules, who knew!!!

THE ICEMAN;402933 said:
So go Lower Eltham (BR Premiers) move up to Money, South Morang (MR Premiers) move up to A Grade, Bundoora (C Premiers) move to B Grade and so on. Do the wooden spooners get relagated. Do Camreas, 2nds move into A Grade as they would have or do they stay put in B Grade. Do NEW 2nds get go to B Grade or stay in A Grade???????????

This is a new grading system, starting this year.

Last year's results have no bearing on the new system. The only change from last year will be that, instead of going around and getting smashed in Money Shield again, Whittlesea will be relegated to what WAS Barclay Reserve (now A Grade) to even out numbers in Money Shield.

Not sure how the promo/relegation works in lower grades. Only know from my own experience in winning an E Grade flag that we had to nominate to get our side put in to D Grade for the following year - It wasn't automatic.

So, going with that theory, each club will be able to nominate which grades they want their lower teams to be in, with the first 12 getting preference in each grade.. (taking into account the new system will have a max. 12 teams per grade)?

Anyone with a clearer understanding is welcome to come and chop that up if I'm wrong anywhere..!

THE ICEMAN;402933 said:
So go Lower Eltham (BR Premiers) move up to Money, South Morang (MR Premiers) move up to A Grade, Bundoora (C Premiers) move to B Grade and so on. Do the wooden spooners get relagated. Do Camreas, 2nds move into A Grade as they would have or do they stay put in B Grade. Do NEW 2nds get go to B Grade or stay in A Grade???????????

These surely aren't relevant, the new rules (if they come in) would only affect seasons after they start.

Either that, or the DVCA have taken leave of their senses.

captain cuzz;402956 said:
This is a new grading system, starting this year.

Last year's results have no bearing on the new system. The only change from last year will be that, instead of going around and getting smashed in Money Shield again, Whittlesea will be relegated to what WAS Barclay Reserve (now A Grade) to even out numbers in Money Shield.

Not sure how the promo/relegation works in lower grades. Only know from my own experience in winning an E Grade flag that we had to nominate to get our side put in to D Grade for the following year - It wasn't automatic.

So, going with that theory, each club will be able to nominate which grades they want their lower teams to be in, with the first 12 getting preference in each grade.. (taking into account the new system will have a max. 12 teams per grade)?

Anyone with a clearer understanding is welcome to come and chop that up if I'm wrong anywhere..!

That looks about right to me.

The Ox;403014 said:
That looks about right to me.

Can only say that this is going to make doing the fixture that much more difficult. Last year's sytem 1s & 2s home and away made it easy. This will complicate things a lot more.

Nawab of Pautadi;403034 said:
Can only say that this is going to make doing the fixture that much more difficult. Last year's sytem 1s & 2s home and away made it easy. This will complicate things a lot more.

With that in mind and with Whittlesea dropping in to what was BR - Will the Eltham 2nds now be playing B Grade (old MR) after finishing bottom in BR last year? And as a result of that will Panton Hill's 2nds be playing C Grade, as they finished last in MR last year?

Is that how it's going to work? All I've heard about is Whittlesea's firsts playing A Garde next year, haven't heard who will be making way for them..?

Logic says it will be the team that fnished last, but with the new system lacking a bit of logic from the outset, anything could happen!

captain cuzz;403049 said:
With that in mind and with Whittlesea dropping in to what was BR - Will the Eltham 2nds now be playing B Grade (old MR) after finishing bottom in BR last year? And as a result of that will Panton Hill's 2nds be playing C Grade, as they finished last in MR last year?

Is that how it's going to work? All I've heard about is Whittlesea's firsts playing A Garde next year, haven't heard who will be making way for them..?

Logic says it will be the team that fnished last, but with the new system lacking a bit of logic from the outset, anything could happen!

No. The system is not in for this season.

The Ox;403153 said:
No. The system is not in for this season.

Thats not what they have said originally? Original email was the decision had been made and the team nomination form was created with new teams

The exec where 'discussing' on 5 Jul and will advise Clubs, which have not been advised yet.

CowCorner;403171 said:
Thats not what they have said originally? Original email was the decision had been made and the team nomination form was created with new teams

The exec where 'discussing' on 5 Jul and will advise Clubs, which have not been advised yet.

God I hope you're wrong, that has the potential for disaster.

The Ox;403176 said:
God I hope you're wrong, that has the potential for disaster.

Agree, I hope sense prevails. I am sure we will find out soon......

CowCorner;403189 said:
Agree, I hope sense prevails. I am sure we will find out soon......
All done and dusted.
Promotion relegation system is in this year.
DVCA will advise all clubs on team nominations early this week.

THE PREZ;403265 said:
All done and dusted.
Promotion relegation system is in this year.
DVCA will advise all clubs on team nominations early this week.

Does that mean I get promoted from H Grade at last?;)

Gradings are out and **** me.

There are:

1 team with BS, A, B(old MR), C and then two teams that have MS then C, one side that has BS then B.

Complete cock up if you ask me, if you are going to introduce something that has not even been discussed at least start it off fair.

But really what was I to expect form this dictatorship.

CowCorner;403404 said:
Gradings are out and **** me.

There are:

1 team with BS, A, B(old MR), C and then two teams that have MS then C, one side that has BS then B.

Complete cock up if you ask me, if you are going to introduce something that has not even been discussed at least start it off fair.

But really what was I to expect form this dictatorship.

Its interesting, if I look at us compared to Riverside who we played in the C & D grade GF, Bulls get promoted from old C grade to new B grade because we were premiers, yet our D grade who were runners up last year also get promoted, to the new C grade, whilst the Clappers remain in the new C & D without a new MR or B grade side? Based on this our 4ths do not play against another clubs 4ths, we exclusively play 2nds and 3rds.

Its going to take time to sort out and all clubs will have pro's and con's in the gradings. If enough people / clubs dont like it they can always vote out the existing executive. You could describe it as a dicatatorship or simply strong leadership. Lets wait and see.

100% BULL;403405 said:
Its interesting, if I look at us compared to Riverside who we played in the C & D grade GF, Bulls get promoted from old C grade to new B grade because we were premiers, yet our D grade who were runners up last year also get promoted, to the new C grade, whilst the Clappers remain in the new C & D without a new MR or B grade side? Based on this our 4ths do not play against another clubs 4ths, we exclusively play 2nds and 3rds.

Its going to take time to sort out and all clubs will have pro's and con's in the gradings. If enough people / clubs dont like it they can always vote out the existing executive. You could describe it as a dicatatorship or simply strong leadership. Lets wait and see.

I suppose it also comes down to which grade Clubs nominated for but as I see it to start this new grading off they may as well kept it as is (although hard with Whittlesea) and promoted relegated from there.

100% BULL;403405 said:
You could describe it as a dicatatorship or simply strong leadership. Lets wait and see.

Lets be serious with what happened last season to EC (and specifically Kennel) its a dictatorship.

CowCorner;403412 said:
Lets be serious with what happened last season to EC (and specifically Kennel) its a dictatorship.

He may have got off light compared to some suspensions in other leagues for similar events.

You'll also find all clubs nominated which grades they preferred to have their teams in and without knowing 100%, would assume the gradings are not far off the mark.

Time will tell.

George;403431 said:
He may have got off light compared to some suspensions in other leagues for similar events.

You'll also find all clubs nominated which grades they preferred to have their teams in and without knowing 100%, would assume the gradings are not far off the mark.

Time will tell.
We requested our C & D grades (premeiers & runners up) move up a grade each- tick.
We also requested our G & H grades (also premiers & runners up) move up - cross.

We were 'fortunate' to have got our first wish, but unlucky not to get the rest. We now have a four grade gap between our 4ths & 5ths. Not ideal but after speaking with DVCA yesterday understandable.

Given all grades were reduced to 12 teams - which we had to do - then there were a lot of teams go down.
1 from old Money, 3 from old money res, 2 from D etc... this pushed a lot of teams down below where they (we) would have liked to be.

There is no ideal perfect solution for all. Every club has to suffer some 'pain' in the short term.
Over time the clubs will sort out what grades they should be in thru the promo/relegation.

CC - If your club doesnt like it then appeal the gradings which you are open to do.

CC - As has already been mentioned, if not happy with the 'dictatorship' as you put it, then step up next week and nominate for a position on the exec instead of hiding behind your avatar here.

THE PREZ;403432 said:
We requested our C & D grades (premeiers & runners up) move up a grade each- tick.
We also requested our G & H grades (also premiers & runners up) move up - cross.

We were 'fortunate' to have got our first wish, but unlucky not to get the rest. We now have a four grade gap between our 4ths & 5ths. Not ideal but after speaking with DVCA yesterday understandable.

Given all grades were reduced to 12 teams - which we had to do - then there were a lot of teams go down.
1 from old Money, 3 from old money res, 2 from D etc... this pushed a lot of teams down below where they (we) would have liked to be.

There is no ideal perfect solution for all. Every club has to suffer some 'pain' in the short term.
Over time the clubs will sort out what grades they should be in thru the promo/relegation.

CC - If your club doesnt like it then appeal the gradings which you are open to do.

CC - As has already been mentioned, if not happy with the 'dictatorship' as you put it, then step up next week and nominate for a position on the exec instead of hiding behind your avatar here.

1. I actually had no problem with what my team received, I found it interesting that Bundoora managed to get a team into B grade. Yes they won the premiership but I (and I expect most others but will stand to be corrected) believe that the promotion and relegation system would not start until this year.

2. Why am I hiding behind my avatar? If I could actually be on my Clubs committee and be on the DVCA I probabaly would. For now I will use my democratic right to say what I ****en well like. Unless I touched a nerve somehow.:confused:

George;403431 said:

Time will tell.

Explain to me exactly WHAT rule was broken and how please, Please provide evidence of other leagues penalties and exactly what happened. I believe that everyone needs to know. You seem to have the answers champ.

With regards to gradings you may be correct, and whilst I was originally surprised and then posted if it is true that thats what all teams want then I actually have no real issue (lets say I am more surprised that say Cambrea wanted a BS side and a B Grade, but if they did OK)

Taken off DVCA website this evening

Grade by Grade view
BS: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Macleod, Mernda, Plenty, Research, Riverside
MS: Bundoora United, Greensborough, Hurstbridge, Lower Plenty, Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham, Panton Hill, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
A: Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Macleod, Mernda, Plenty, Research, Riverside, Whittlesea
B: Bundoora, Bundoora United, Camrea Taipans, Greensborough, Lower Plenty, Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
C: Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Hurstbridge, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Macleod, North Eltham, Panton Hill, Plenty, Riverside, Whittlesea
D: Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Epping, Greensborough, Lalor Stars, Mernda, Montmorency, Research, Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United
E: Bundoora United, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Macleod, Mill Park, North Eltham, Plenty, Riverside, Yarrambat
F: Diamond Creek, Greensborough, Mill Park, Montmorency, Panton Hill, Research, Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Whittlesea, Yarrambat
G: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Hurstbridge, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Mernda, North Eltham, Research, Riverside, Thomastown United
H: Bundoora (x2), Diamond Creek (x2), Greensborough, Lower Plenty (x4), Mill Park, North Eltham, Research (x2), South Morang (x2), St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
VETs: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Greensborough (x2), Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham (x2), Lower Plenty (x2), Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham (x2), Panton Hill, Plenty, Research (x3), Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Whittlesea (x2), Yarrambat

Back