WTF? DVCA change the rules, who knew!!!

Re: WTF? DVCA change the rules, who knew!!!

Taken off DVCA website this evening

Grade by Grade view
BS: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Macleod, Mernda, Plenty, Research, Riverside
MS: Bundoora United, Greensborough, Hurstbridge, Lower Plenty, Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham, Panton Hill, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
A: Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Macleod, Mernda, Plenty, Research, Riverside, Whittlesea
B: Bundoora, Bundoora United, Camrea Taipans, Greensborough, Lower Plenty, Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
C: Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Hurstbridge, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Macleod, North Eltham, Panton Hill, Plenty, Riverside, Whittlesea
D: Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Epping, Greensborough, Lalor Stars, Mernda, Montmorency, Research, Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United
E: Bundoora United, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Macleod, Mill Park, North Eltham, Plenty, Riverside, Yarrambat
F: Diamond Creek, Greensborough, Mill Park, Montmorency, Panton Hill, Research, Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Whittlesea, Yarrambat
G: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Hurstbridge, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Mernda, North Eltham, Research, Riverside, Thomastown United
H: Bundoora (x2), Diamond Creek (x2), Greensborough, Lower Plenty (x4), Mill Park, North Eltham, Research (x2), South Morang (x2), St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
VETs: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Greensborough (x2), Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham (x2), Lower Plenty (x2), Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham (x2), Panton Hill, Plenty, Research (x3), Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Whittlesea (x2), Yarrambat

Thoughts Gentlmen?

Grade by Grade view:

BS: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Macleod, Mernda, Plenty, Research, Riverside
MS: Bundoora United, Greensborough, Hurstbridge, Lower Plenty, Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham, Panton Hill, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
A: Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Macleod, Mernda, Plenty, Research, Riverside, Whittlesea
B: Bundoora, Bundoora United, Camrea Taipans, Greensborough, Lower Plenty, Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
C: Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Hurstbridge, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Macleod, North Eltham, Panton Hill, Plenty, Riverside, Whittlesea
D: Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Epping, Greensborough, Lalor Stars, Mernda, Montmorency, Research, Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United
E: Bundoora United, Eltham, Epping, Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Macleod, Mill Park, North Eltham, Plenty, Riverside, Yarrambat
F: Diamond Creek, Greensborough, Mill Park, Montmorency, Panton Hill, Research, Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Whittlesea, Yarrambat
G: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Hurstbridge, Lower Eltham, Lower Plenty, Mernda, North Eltham, Research, Riverside, Thomastown United
H: Bundoora (x2), Diamond Creek (x2), Greensborough, Lower Plenty (x4), Mill Park, North Eltham, Research (x2), South Morang (x2), St Francis, Thomastown United, Yarrambat
VETs: Bundoora, Camrea Taipans, Diamond Creek, Eltham, Epping, Greensborough (x2), Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham (x2), Lower Plenty (x2), Mill Park, Montmorency, North Eltham (x2), Panton Hill, Plenty, Research (x3), Riverside, South Morang, St Francis, Thomastown United, Whittlesea (x2), Yarrambat

Thoughts Gentlmen on current gradings?

Grade by Grade view:

Thoughts Gentlmen on gradings?

Grade by Grade view:

Thoughts on gradings?

CowCorner;403412 said:
Lets be serious with what happened last season to EC (and specifically Kennel) its a dictatorship.

I'm disappointed that an individual recieved such a strong sanction, but am very pleased that a strong sanction was handed out. I'm not sure whether there was a specific rule in place to allow the executive to do what they did or whether they simply utilised the power given to the executive in the DVCA constitution. If it was the later then to me they have certainly shown strong leadership, weak leadership would have been to say there is nothing we can do about it.

100% BULL;403487 said:
I'm disappointed that an individual recieved such a strong sanction, but am very pleased that a strong sanction was handed out. I'm not sure whether there was a specific rule in place to allow the executive to do what they did or whether they simply utilised the power given to the executive in the DVCA constitution. If it was the later then to me they have certainly shown strong leadership, weak leadership would have been to say there is nothing we can do about it.

I would have thought there had to be some sort of rule broken? Even if not a specific rule something? If they have the power to make up rules and findings then it is nothing short of a dictatorship.

What I reckon we all should be told is WHAT happened, HOW they came to the decision and WHY.

The rumours going around are only damaging the competition and the Executives reputation.

I am all for strong decisions and strong leadership, but without being transparent and open they are leaving themselves open to questioning.

CowCorner;403494 said:
I would have thought there had to be some sort of rule broken? Even if not a specific rule something? If they have the power to make up rules and findings then it is nothing short of a dictatorship.

What I reckon we all should be told is WHAT happened, HOW they came to the decision and WHY.

The rumours going around are only damaging the competition and the Executives reputation.

I am all for strong decisions and strong leadership, but without being transparent and open they are leaving themselves open to questioning.

The Skipper / Coach got his penalty but what about the Club? What penalty did it get? And if so does it transfer to the new one being that they have now merged?

I stand to be corrected if wrong, but for what it's worth this is my understanding.

During the week after day 1 both Lalor Stars and Eltham College made contact with the executive (not sure who) to enquire wether they had to turn up on day 2 as a first innings result was acheived. They were told that they must play on Day 2 and it could be called off at any time at the captains discretion. In a nut shell, Lalor Stars (BS) turned up for there game and Eltham College (MS) despite being told they must decided not to.

As a result EC (MS) were deemed to forfeit therefore all of there below grades were also deemd non results which had a ripple effect for the lower grades and in fact cost Diamond Creek a place in "H" grade finals and allowed our 5ths to sneak into the 4 ( and win the flag ).

Regardless of wether you agree with the decision EC were made aware that they must show up and decided not too, In recent years Captains have been held responsible for the actions of individuals and i suppose he has been held accountable after disregarding the directions of the governing body.

For what it's worth, i think the penalty for the individual is excessive and think a small suspension & club sanction would have been more appropriate. I would agree that the dvca needs to be more transparent and clubs should be made aware of charges and findings of this magnitude. If only as to serve as a deterant to others who may think about committing similar infractions.

Bundoora;403539 said:
I stand to be corrected if wrong, but for what it's worth this is my understanding.

During the week after day 1 both Lalor Stars and Eltham College made contact with the executive (not sure who) to enquire wether they had to turn up on day 2 as a first innings result was acheived. They were told that they must play on Day 2 and it could be called off at any time at the captains discretion. In a nut shell, Lalor Stars (BS) turned up for there game and Eltham College (MS) despite being told they must decided not to.

As a result EC (MS) were deemed to forfeit therefore all of there below grades were also deemd non results which had a ripple effect for the lower grades and in fact cost Diamond Creek a place in "H" grade finals and allowed our 5ths to sneak into the 4 ( and win the flag ).

Regardless of wether you agree with the decision EC were made aware that they must show up and decided not too, In recent years Captains have been held responsible for the actions of individuals and i suppose he has been held accountable after disregarding the directions of the governing body.

For what it's worth, i think the penalty for the individual is excessive and think a small suspension & club sanction would have been more appropriate. I would agree that the dvca needs to be more transparent and clubs should be made aware of charges and findings of this magnitude. If only as to serve as a deterant to others who may think about committing similar infractions.
Pretty much on the money here. Perhaps ColdCase can fill us in some more on the specifics of what was said but I understand the direction from the DVCA was "turn up or else..." or words to that effect.
I believe the club was also fined $200 for each forfeit (x4), $500 fine additional and another $500 bond. Does this bond carry over to Research...?
No doubt they made an example from this case but maybe a little unfair on the captian to wear it all. Surely the club executive had to enforce the team to show up.

CowCorner;403494 said:

Lets be honest here....after Luke & Eltham College decided to Appeal to VMCA over his suspension the previous year (and subsequently winning the appeal on a technicallity), and causing a degree of embarrasment, i think Luke & EC would've been wise to have kept their powder dry for as long as possible.

For those unaware, Luke won his appeal, not by proving his innocence, but by showing that the DVCA allowed EC and the Umpire to present their case(s) in the wrong order.

Dictatorship or Leadership, -call it what you want, but "what goes around, comes around" springs to mind.

THE PREZ;403547 said:
Pretty much on the money here. Perhaps ColdCase can fill us in some more on the specifics of what was said but I understand the direction from the DVCA was "turn up or else..." or words to that effect.
I believe the club was also fined $200 for each forfeit (x4), $500 fine additional and another $500 bond. Does this bond carry over to Research...?
No doubt they made an example from this case but maybe a little unfair on the captian to wear it all. Surely the club executive had to enforce the team to show up.

I understand that but under what authority does the exec have to order a team to turn up when both teams had called the game, including the umpires. From my understanding the rules actually allow that to happen. I know LS and PY in BS where both 'told' and the rocked up for one over. I also believe EL and BU in BR where 'told' and they rocked up and didn't even bowl a ball.

What I want to know is WHAT rule was broken and WHY did someone believe that they can order teams to go to a days play even when a result has been achieved and both teams agree. Also WHAT benefit does this have?

And I agree that the Club should have shown leadership and ordered the team to be there BUT WHY, what rule was broken. If we had one in place, fine, but I cannot find it.

legend of a bear;403550 said:
Lets be honest here....after Luke & Eltham College decided to Appeal to VMCA over his suspension the previous year (and subsequently winning the appeal on a technicallity), and causing a degree of embarrasment, i think Luke & EC would've been wise to have kept their powder dry for as long as possible.

For those unaware, Luke won his appeal, not by proving his innocence, but by showing that the DVCA allowed EC and the Umpire to present their case(s) in the wrong order.

Dictatorship or Leadership, -call it what you want, but "what goes around, comes around" springs to mind.

Mate I am not aware of that issue and am surprised if people carry a grudge when making important decisions, that DOES NOT show leadership at all. I hope that is not true. Decisions like this need to be made very unbiased and be clear and transparent to all.

And all please remember, I actually have nothing to do with Luke or EC, I have just spoken to A LOT of DVCA people in the off season that are a tad confused in what happened and all believe we need to know what happened, why it happened and the future ahead for this type of decision (ie A RULE)

CowCorner;403551 said:
And all please remember, I actually have nothing to do with Luke or EC, I have just spoken to A LOT of DVCA people in the off season that are a tad confused in what happened and all believe we need to know what happened, why it happened and the future ahead for this type of decision (ie A RULE)

Its not that difficult to understand is it?

1. The match is a 2-day game, so turn up and play on the 2nd day.

2. Eltham College had the courtesy to call the DVCA and ask if they had to turn up. Clearly the DVCA said yes...so have the respect to play by the rules.

3. Did the clubs pay the umpires on day-1 for day-2, -or do you and the competing teams expect to not have to pay them?

4. Narrow-mindedness into the reprocussions of an affiliate deciding to make up their own rules, by some people on here is pretty baffling.

legend of a bear;403562 said:
Its not that difficult to understand is it?

1. The match is a 2-day game, so turn up and play on the 2nd day.

2. Eltham College had the courtesy to call the DVCA and ask if they had to turn up. Clearly the DVCA said yes...so have the respect to play by the rules.

3. Did the clubs pay the umpires on day-1 for day-2, -or do you and the competing teams expect to not have to pay them?

4. Narrow-mindedness into the reprocussions of an affiliate deciding to make up their own rules, by some people on here is pretty baffling.

OK, we seem to be getting too emotional on this subject.

As I have sorta said (and maybe not been clear) I only want the RULE clarified. The rule as it stands does not mention that you have to play on day two, its states you can call the game on game two. I AGREE it is a two-day game and I actually AGREE they SHOULD have rocked up and should have played some cricket (in the spirit of cricket). What I do not agree with is the fact the DVCA has not been transparent in its ruling, do not have a clear and succinct clarification of the intention of the rule, oh and I believe the punishment was a tad (very) harsh.

If you do not think that LS and PY in BS, BU and EL in BR whom rocked up on day two and virtually did nothing just because there is a rule that says you have to is not ridiculous and is in the spirit of the game, well mate thats just you as I reckon that rule needs clarification and substance.

I looked into ways, as I had heard talk that the DVCA where looking at making play compulsory to 4pm on day two (at a minimum) I actually approached the DVCA with a concept on how we make/encourage teams to play the full days (rule change that aligns with VTCA where you get points for wickets and runs, meaning if you are 'stuck' in the field (or playing day two after a result has been decided) you actually have something to play for as it CAN determine ladder position, (more than happy to clarify if anyone wants but if you go to MyCricket and search VTCA and look at their ladder or go to their website and look at their rulebook) I was told to not even bother raising as a RCP as it will not get through!!!

As for the narrow mindedness into repercussions, muppet I have seen a bloke playing a GF punch a supporter and not even get a year, I have heard physical and verbal threats on the fields that go unpunished (for many reasons but I suspect alot is just plain laziness) the punishment was, in mine and many people I have spoken to) too harsh, if the DVCA wanted to get the message out they probably could have done it better (and at the start of the year, detail repercussions and issues that will arise from decisions like this) If, as you have said they had alternative motives to get Kennell for something that happened the previous year then, well to me thats another issue.

Again, seems like this is rather an emotive issue and probably shouldn't really be.

CowCorner;403577 said:
OK, we seem to be getting too emotional on this subject.

As I have sorta said (and maybe not been clear) I only want the RULE clarified. The rule as it stands does not mention that you have to play on day two, its states you can call the game on game two. I AGREE it is a two-day game and I actually AGREE they SHOULD have rocked up and should have played some cricket (in the spirit of cricket). What I do not agree with is the fact the DVCA has not been transparent in its ruling, do not have a clear and succinct clarification of the intention of the rule, oh and I believe the punishment was a tad (very) harsh.

If you do not think that LS and PY in BS, BU and EL in BR whom rocked up on day two and virtually did nothing just because there is a rule that says you have to is not ridiculous and is in the spirit of the game, well mate thats just you as I reckon that rule needs clarification and substance.

I looked into ways, as I had heard talk that the DVCA where looking at making play compulsory to 4pm on day two (at a minimum) I actually approached the DVCA with a concept on how we make/encourage teams to play the full days (rule change that aligns with VTCA where you get points for wickets and runs, meaning if you are 'stuck' in the field (or playing day two after a result has been decided) you actually have something to play for as it CAN determine ladder position, (more than happy to clarify if anyone wants but if you go to MyCricket and search VTCA and look at their ladder or go to their website and look at their rulebook) I was told to not even bother raising as a RCP as it will not get through!!!

As for the narrow mindedness into repercussions, muppet I have seen a bloke playing a GF punch a supporter and not even get a year, I have heard physical and verbal threats on the fields that go unpunished (for many reasons but I suspect alot is just plain laziness) the punishment was, in mine and many people I have spoken to) too harsh, if the DVCA wanted to get the message out they probably could have done it better (and at the start of the year, detail repercussions and issues that will arise from decisions like this) If, as you have said they had alternative motives to get Kennell for something that happened the previous year then, well to me thats another issue.

Again, seems like this is rather an emotive issue and probably shouldn't really be.

"was told to not even bother raising as a RCP as it will not get through!!!"

Who has the right to make this statement? Surely any one of the affiliate Clubs can raise an issue without being told that what they can do or even premeditate all the other DVCA MEMBERS (CLUBS). Sounds like a bit of standover tactics to me. Surely at the end of the day its the Clubs as a collective run the association not the other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing's starting to smell a bit if you ask me.

Nawab of Pautadi;403614 said:
"was told to not even bother raising as a RCP as it will not get through!!!"

Who has the right to make this statement? Surely any one of the affiliate Clubs can raise an issue without being told that what they can do or even premeditate all the other DVCA MEMBERS (CLUBS). Sounds like a bit of standover tactics to me. Surely at the end of the day its the Clubs as a collective run the association not the other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing's starting to smell a bit if you ask me.

It doesn't really matter who, if I named him I am sure tools on this forum who will call me a tool for naming him. I do not want to be called a tool on this forum by tools. (if that does not make any sense to you, don't reply, just give up););) And all it was, was an idea.

Probably did not need to take his advise but after speaking to him I actually gave up 'cos I realised you are not allowed a new thought in this competition.

:yawn

THE PREZ;403547 said:

No, the bond will not transfer over!

Seems to me the DVCA wants to get it together. Have heard there are alot of unhappy people around the traps, with the way the DVCA is heading. PULL YOUR #$@!*&^ HEADS IN. If what is happening now continues, DVCA will be as good as HDCA or NMCA. Wake up your a minority CLUBS are the majority and what make this comp, so take a back seat and %$@(*&^ listen to them.

THE ICEMAN;403650 said:
Seems to me the DVCA wants to get it together. Have heard there are alot of unhappy people around the traps, with the way the DVCA is heading. PULL YOUR #$@!*&^ HEADS IN. If what is happening now continues, DVCA will be as good as HDCA or NMCA. Wake up your a minority CLUBS are the majority and what make this comp, so take a back seat and %$@(*&^ listen to them.

I hate to buck the trend on this thread, but what exactly have the DVCA done that has elicited such a response?
In my mind EC went to the DVCA and asked if they had to turn up on Day 2. The DVCA said yes you do. EC ignored it and copped their right wack! How is that a dictatorship?
If you want to know what real dictatorships are like, then go and play a few seasons in the HDCA and NMCA. Rules are changed on a whim and decisions are regularly made with no input from the clubs.
The grass is never greener on the other side!

TGAT;403673 said:
I hate to buck the trend on this thread, but what exactly have the DVCA done that has elicited such a response?
In my mind EC went to the DVCA and asked if they had to turn up on Day 2. The DVCA said yes you do. EC ignored it and copped their right wack! How is that a dictatorship?
The grass is never greener on the other side!

Ditto

THE PREZ;403432 said:
We requested our C & D grades (premeiers & runners up) move up a grade each- tick.
We also requested our G & H grades (also premiers & runners up) move up - cross.

We were 'fortunate' to have got our first wish, but unlucky not to get the rest. We now have a four grade gap between our 4ths & 5ths. Not ideal but after speaking with DVCA yesterday understandable.

Given all grades were reduced to 12 teams - which we had to do - then there were a lot of teams go down.
1 from old Money, 3 from old money res, 2 from D etc... this pushed a lot of teams down below where they (we) would have liked to be.

There is no ideal perfect solution for all. Every club has to suffer some 'pain' in the short term.
Over time the clubs will sort out what grades they should be in thru the promo/relegation.

CC - If your club doesnt like it then appeal the gradings which you are open to do.

CC - As has already been mentioned, if not happy with the 'dictatorship' as you put it, then step up next week and nominate for a position on the exec instead of hiding behind your avatar here.

While I'm not privy to what Diamo requested, it looks the same as last year except for one of our G grade teams moving down to H, so I'd suggest we got a reasonable deal. Barclay, A, C, D, F, G, H and H leaves a nice spread without any huge gaps between grades, though no doubt being able to field 8 teams every week helps there.

Back