Yorkers

mgr989

Yorkers

Had a look through the 8 pages on bowling but can't find anything about bowling yorkers. Now i can swing it both ways but i definately want to improve my bowling this summer when i've finished college will be netting more to get a few variation balls such as being able to bowl yorkers at will, cutters, a good slower ball etc. But whenever i try and bowl a yorker (in the nets really) it ends up being a ball pitching on a length (which i guess is no bad thing if it's on the right line), so i guess i'm asking for a few tips on how to bowl a good yorker i.e.releasing the ball at the highest point of your action?

Thanks in advance, Morgan.

Re: Yorkers

Release the ball a bit earlier than for a good length.

It's a very hard ball to bowl, it has to be near perfect so don't shoot yourself down if you can't bowl it straight away.

I used to be able to bowl yorkers every ball when i was U15 but when my pace went up my accuracy went away.

What I do is move the ball further out of your grip, like further away from the palm. I pretty much leave it in the same place on your first and second fingers, but move it further up the thumb. That way I bowl exactly the same but it gets forced out of my grip sooner. After a while you know how far to move it to get it to land in the blockhole 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Back