Your New Season Gear Wishlist

King Pietersen

sC Player of the Month June '08
Your New Season Gear Wishlist

The new season is approaching; as is the want and need for new gear. So, what have you got on your list for the upcoming season ?

Personally i'm in the hunt for quite alot of stuff, which isn;t going to be easy considering i'll be needing to run a car soon, so i may have to make cut backs (xbox sale most likely). But anyway, here's my list of stuff that i'll hopefully be buying in the next few months:

I'm going to be getting this pack. This is £260 for Premier Pads, Premier Gloves and Hard Drive Gold (grade 1 willow). I know i shouldn't order online, but meh, I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference, my current bat was ordered from CricketSupplies and it's a decent enough bat for a grade 3 English Willow.

Gold-Hard-Drive.jpg

cricketbattinggloves03.jpg

cricketbattingpads01.jpg

Stripper-P1.gif

Midi-Wheelie.jpg

Also, just found this:

058143.jpg

A Woodworm jumbo wristband for £5 from Romida.co.uk :D

What you think of the stuff i've chosen ? and What stuff are you going to be buying yourself for next season >?

Re: Your New Season Gear Wishlist

I've already got the necessaries, but fancy some new stuff for the new season, my stuffs dirty and tatty for the new season, and i like to look good for the 5 minutes i'm at the crease ;)

lol :D maybe with the new equipment you can stay 10 minutes at the crease

Only, if he gets tangled up in it all and has to spend 5 minutes sorting it out ;).

Seriously, that's not a bad package in the first post.

Almost_Austwick said:
Only, if he gets tangled up in it all and has to spend 5 minutes sorting it out ;).

Seriously, that's not a bad package in the first post.

Good good, didn't know how you'd feel about the Woodworm bat, considering they don't exactly have the best rep, but the new bats are apparently made far, far better than the old ones. Woodworm's play well, and thats the important thing. I did have a cheap Harrow Kashmir Torch, and even that played well, i could hit some mighty shots with that, has a cracking middle. I love the design of the new Hard-Drive aswell, not so much of a fan of the other 2, but the Hard-Drive is stunning. Helps that KP uses it aswell ;)

Just got to sell my Xbox 360 now, then i can go ahead and order my stuff ;D

i need new gloves, kit bag, shoes, inners and pants

gloves, kit and pants have lasted 3 seasons so im not complaining

I need new spikes, trainers and maybe a new bat. I'm thinking atm that I'll wait until my current one finally breaks for good.

I'll be getting a new bat, dad wants to get me a full size one, buck to get a top grade one you need to falk out 500-600 for a kooka, but with small mens you need just 300-350. So yeh, he'll probably say I should get a full size one, but then I'd get Grade 2 or 3, which, grade 2 would be fine but I don't really want grade 3. Meh, we'll see in 5 months time.

I'll be finally ordering some of my new kit next Tuesday :D. Will be ordering A Woodworm Golf Wheelie, Woodworm Premier Gloves and maybe some Aero P1's if i have enough money left over. I'll also be ordering a pair of large White wristbands from Newitts. About £135 worth of stuff, and i still could do with some new pads and a would like a new bat ;P. I'll be happy with my GN Powerbow until i can afford a Woodworm Gold Hard Drive though, even if it's grade 3 English Willow. I can't wait for the new cricket season to start, winter nets have finished so i'm eagerly awaiting some more cricket; just can't wait till my first innings, really hoping to show off the batting skills I have, not something i did in my first ever season last season getting 10 ducks lol, I've set myself a target of 200 runs for the season, not sure if i'll get there but its something to aim for.

So much for Tuesday; just ordered the Woodworm Gold Wheelie, Woodworm Premier Gloves and Adidas Sweatbands ;D Might have enough money left on Tuesday to order some Aero P1's aswell :D. I love having money, just need to shift this xbox 360 so I can buy my pads, helmet and bat now !!

Oh sweet mate.

I want a Fusion, they're soooo awesome.

Hey, what do you guys recommend, Full size or Small mens? I'm 5'7 or something, 170 cm, probably a bit taller, and by the time it comes to buy the new bat I'll be quite a bit taller, so yeh, what would be your advice?

Got mine 2 months ago. A Chase 175 bat retailing at £220 for £140. It's got 9 straight grains and and a great pickup for 2lb 10oz. Wanted the extra weight for the slow low wickets I play on. Have nets tomorrow night and looking forward to giving it a test.

No flashy graphics or gimmicks, just a truly beautiful handmade in the UK bat.

Bring it on...

James

Come on the Hand made bat! :p

Sapling.jpg

£150 and 14 Grains! handmade to my spec infront of me!

Back