Your season goals

Sean

Your season goals

Post your goals for your cricket season ahead.

My goal is to atleast make it past 30. My highest score is only 13 ( :cry) and I just want to make a good score. I've practised so hard in the past few years, and I just want to make a good score. :(

Re: Your season goals

Im sure you'll get there :p

Most of the users are English so its Post-Season reviews they'll be doing :p

But, next season,

1. Take better than 5/43 in the 40ov competition.

2. Hit the quickest 50 in the league.

3. Grab the captaincy BACK!!

:D

I also have to add another couple of goals.

Get over 20 wickets for the season. Had a really poor season last year.

Take a 5 fa.

Goals

My 07/08 season goals are:
At seasons end have a batting average of 15-20.
take 15 wickets or more.

Hopefullys:
Get a 5-wicket haul.
beat my Best Bowling of 4-7.

Admin Edit: Merged the post :)

Thread has been merged so we dont have two threads floating about :laugh:

My seasons goals is to outbeat this season :p Which i sucked at batting and bowling really, this English summer hasnt been friendly, i dont play swinng well, and i dont spin the ball on green tops! :cursing:

thanks for puttin it together.
im still a schoolboy you see and i keep clicking post topic instead of reply.

My top scores are 21, 20, 16 three times and 14. So i really want to get to 25 first, then continue onto 30 atleast :)

Rohit, conversion is a difficult thing, but just think, when you hit 50, restart your game, think, you're time has come again, bat without mistakes and learn from those you did in the first 50 :) Bat in small chunks, go in 10's, after a while you'll get there ;)

When i say go in tens, say you nurdle 6 off an over, you only need 4 to make it to your first aim, then you add 10 more and 10 more, its a mental thing, 100 is a scary number, its so damned high, but is 10x10? No!

i got a five wicket haul in a 25 over match today :D :D knocked off 3 decent batsmen and 2 tailenders. but i still need to score runs this season ive made a lot of scores under 20 and just 1 fifty. :cry

My highest this season is only 16 :(
I took a 3 wicket haul last week. I wnat a 4 fa then a 5 fa. I wanna beat 12 wickets in a season which i got 2 years ago in my first year of club cricket :)

some goals would be.
make a cuple of fiftys.
batting avg of 30+
fair few catches and stumping behind the stumps. :)

I'm a pretty useless batsman and my highest score to date is 19 - so 25 for the coming season.

Bowling - 20 wickets in the season, which is a pretty big ask, but I reckon with all the practice I put in it may be possible?

Dave, if you dont take 30 then i don't see whats up, the willingness to learn, and listen is amazing. To be honest, i'd be more bothered about how many you concede (runs) rather than how many you take(wicket).

Either way, your willingness as i've said should warrent them wickets to you, going out on a cold winter night on your own in the dark isn't something every cricketer would do.

It all depends on the weather, if we have another wet damp summer you might struggle, however if its a nice dry warm summer you may find yourself getting many more wickets :D.

Exactly Will, i had a terrible season of spin! I did have a decent year with medium pace.

Hopefully it'll be a dry summer.

Back