Zaheer Khan

Zaheer Khan

Hey guys I was wondering what do you think of Zaheer Khan and his constant taunting of the Aussie Cricket team?
I seriously think that he should put his words into his bowling instead of going about sledging the aussie team when they get out.
Awesome bowler though.

Re: Zaheer Khan

He is in form and going great guns...so the aggressive approach and taunting the batsmen......
It would be interesting to see how he maintains his fitness and form......

secondly;do u all see India vs Australia series really so competitive that teams are playing hard cricket to get to each others throat... or is it getting that hyper because of Media...

Constant taunting? I read about Hayden being upset with him because he said something to him but apart from that what else did he do?

AB;273799 said:
Constant taunting? I read about Hayden being upset with him because he said something to him but apart from that what else did he do?
Khan sent him off. That's against the rules. He has been charged with sending Hayden off.
It can lead to a big suspension.
So can his taunts. It's almost as though he is saying to them to ******** off in indian.

Virendersingh.berthwal;273782 said:
He is in form and going great guns...so the aggressive approach and taunting the batsmen......
It would be interesting to see how he maintains his fitness and form......

secondly;do u all see India vs Australia series really so competitive that teams are playing hard cricket to get to each others throat... or is it getting that hyper because of Media...
It has nothing to do with the media hyping it up. It's the Indian players who are being the bad sports here.
If you remember the test series last year in Australia, Andrew Symonds got called a monkey because of his skin colour by Harbijhan Singh. Not nice and is very racist.
Zaheer just needs to put all his efforts into his bowling without mouthing off at the aussies.

Think we need to remember it takes two tango here . For the past 15 years we ( Aussies ) have played hard , uncomprimising cricket and have treaded a thin line between playing with sportsmanship and beyond that . And it has worked for us .

We simple are now getting back what we have given out because teams like India have been on the recieving end of it for years and will enjoy giving it back and rightly so .
Harbijhan is the one who needs to pull his head , constantly is in the middle of any unease within teams and always is the centre of ill feeling . He was completely direspectful the way he acted yesterday and is an embarrasment to most of his teamates who play hard by fair .

Good luck to Zaheer , so far he has backed up everything he has said . Now he just needs to perform in Australia next time they tour here .

I reckon what Zaheer did was crap. You feel bad enough when you've got yourself out cheaply 4 times in a row let alone having some idiot in your face, dancing around you, taunting you and sending you off.

Poor effort.

CNCC1979;273989 said:
Think we need to remember it takes two tango here . For the past 15 years we ( Aussies ) have played hard , uncomprimising cricket and have treaded a thin line between playing with sportsmanship and beyond that . And it has worked for us .

We simple are now getting back what we have given out because teams like India have been on the recieving end of it for years and will enjoy giving it back and rightly so .
Harbijhan is the one who needs to pull his head , constantly is in the middle of any unease within teams and always is the centre of ill feeling . He was completely direspectful the way he acted yesterday and is an embarrasment to most of his teamates who play hard by fair .

Good luck to Zaheer , so far he has backed up everything he has said . Now he just needs to perform in Australia next time they tour here .
Yeah totally agree with you. I don't know what Haydos said to Zaheer, but Zaheer shouldn't of done the send off like he did.
He has been fined 80% of his match fee.

schwab2clarkson;273984 said:
Khan sent him off. That's against the rules. He has been charged with sending Hayden off.
It can lead to a big suspension.
So can his taunts. It's almost as though he is saying to them to ******** off in indian.

That was just one incident. How is that constant taunting? He has been rightly fined for it but it isn't as big a deal as you make it seem. The only players that have constantly taunted Australia are Harbhajan and Sreesanth.

AB;274297 said:
That was just one incident. How is that constant taunting? He has been rightly fined for it but it isn't as big a deal as you make it seem. The only players that have constantly taunted Australia are Harbhajan and Sreesanth.
He did this in the first test as well.You only need to have a look at what he did whenever he gets a wicket.

Let's see till the end of the series and then judged who's is who and what's was what....
The last Test series in Australia went out of control from both teams and was a sad chapter...let's try to forget that and move on....
The ICC officials i.e Umpires and Match referee are to monitor the proceedings of matches...
Little bit of taunting and teasing .i.e mental disintegration will be done by both teams but it is the officials to control the same....

AB;274297 said:

Its not constant taunting , however Zaheer is known and has a reputation for being a bit of a mouth and that one incident was just way over the top .

If you also add in he felt the need to ring Brett Lee to apologise for his 'sledging' during the first innings as he felt he had crossed the line it makes that one incident with Hayden even more over the top .

There is clear niggle between the sides and there are players on both sides who are contributing to that , you don't have to be a genious to work out who those guys are !

As i said good luck to Zaheer , he has his tail up and is backing his mouth up as well . Its all part of sport and as long as that line isn't crossed it is all fine .

schwab2clarkson;273986 said:
It has nothing to do with the media hyping it up. It's the Indian players who are being the bad sports here.
If you remember the test series last year in Australia, Andrew Symonds got called a monkey because of his skin colour by Harbijhan Singh. Not nice and is very racist.
Zaheer just needs to put all his efforts into his bowling without mouthing off at the aussies.

Im not a racist nor never will be, I just want to point out that they are pretty much the same tone in skin colour.

Maybe it was his features, still no excuse for it.

One thing ive heard is that Mah-Ki or something like that is the word for an offensive word in Indian, I doubt it, but could someone please verify it so I can shove it up my friends.

Anyway, Zaheers a great bowler and I dont think its all that bad, just the media getting overworked here.:)

breeno;274537 said:
Im not a racist nor never will be, I just want to point out that they are pretty much the same tone in skin colour.

Maybe it was his features, still no excuse for it.

One thing ive heard is that Mah-Ki or something like that is the word for an offensive word in Indian, I doubt it, but could someone please verify it so I can shove it up my friends.

Anyway, Zaheers a great bowler and I dont think its all that bad, just the media getting overworked here.:)

Yeah, it is. It means Your Mothers [add something offensive here]

Spin King;274399 said:
Zaheer Khan = Bowler of the series so far!
Would still take Sharma any day of the week , will be the best pace bowler in the world within the next 12 months if he isn't already .

CNCC1979;274667 said:
Would still take Sharma any day of the week , will be the best pace bowler in the world within the next 12 months if he isn't already .

Disagree here Zaheer is just brilliant. On pitches were the aussies paceman aren't getting much movement Zaheer has been brilliant. He reminds me of a sorta Wasim Akram, moves it both ways with so much ease. Some of his wicket balls have been just awesome

D.K;274706 said:
Disagree here Zaheer is just brilliant. On pitches were the aussies paceman aren't getting much movement Zaheer has been brilliant. He reminds me of a sorta Wasim Akram, moves it both ways with so much ease. Some of his wicket balls have been just awesome

We can agree to disagree here :)

Sharma has far more upside and troubles all of the best bats going which for mine is always the benchmark of any bowler . I still stand by what I say , in 12 months he will be the number 1 pace bowler in the world .

Zaheer has been around a while now and it wasn't so long ago he was connon fodder for the majority of the worlds elite bats . Im not saying i don't rate him , as i do but if i had to pick one it would be Sharma even taking into consideration Zaheers current form .

CNCC1979;274667 said:
I would say once Zaheer calls it a day, I reckon that Ishant Sharma would be the next Zaheer Khan and that's saying something.

Back