Zimbabwe in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Zimbabwe in Pakistan

Though I don't see much interest in this you never know!

Seems as though normal service has been resumed with Pakistan racking up 347-5 in their 50 overs, with 5 of the top 6 hitting half centuries.

Re: Zimbabwe in Pakistan

I was going to ask for this topic to be made! No love for Pakistan on here :cry.

A great win with no alarms, all the batsman got runs (Butt doesn't count) and we bowled ok although we should fired them out fro under 200.

Zimbabwe are nowhere near getting test status back.

khan nasir said:
I was going to ask for this topic to be made! No love for Pakistan on here :cry.
What makes you think so? :p

It was a world record of most batsmen getting 50's in an innings. Good practice for all Pakistani batsmen. Their bowling attack isn't full strength at the moment, which is the reason Zimbabwe managed to score some runs in reply. They could have done better though.

I didn't realise that it was a record for most batsman getting 50, that's something to take from the game.

Zimbabwe are in an awkward position, probably too good for the associates but not good enough for the other test nations.

Zimbabwe has a lot of talent, but they can never put up a playing XI that can compete with test nations until they stop shooting themselves in the foot by alienating and ejecting good players for political and racial reasons.

You may be right but even a normal strenght team would struggle against the likes of Pakistan. We just have to much for them.

Pakistan had a second string bowling attack. I think the Zimbabwean team of 4-5 years ago could have beaten them. Pakistan need Akhtar, Gul and Asif fully fit if they want to compete against the top sides.

Shame Boom Boom didnt stay in for long enough to hit a few sixes, make 50 off 12 balls. Then have Zimbabwe win somehow. Man i can't help going for the underdog

Would have been interesting to see him hang around for 10/15 overs; I feel he's due some boom boom anytime soon!

Another comfortable win for Pakistan, winning by 5 wickets.

Masakadza and Taibu top scored for the visitors whilst Jamshed continued his great start in international cricket with another half century.

Pakistan is just 16 in 9 overs. Its very slow even for a test match. They have to really increase the run rate. This pitch must be providing a lot of assistance for the bowlers. They should look to at least improve the running.

Bit of a dead rubber this one, but Pakistan once again won with some ease.

Zimbabwe made 244 all out, with contributions from Taibu and Williams. Pakistan chased this down for the loss of only 3 wickets, Yousef scoring 108 not out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back