600 for Kumble!

khan nasir

600 for Kumble!

First Indian bowler to get to 600! It was a great moment that Anil Kumble has reached this milestone when at one time many had written him off.

What is your most memorable performance of Kumble in his career? I rate his 5-wicket haul on the first day of Melbourne in the Boxing Day Test on this tour as the best effort coming in conditions that didn't suit him and also on the first day of a match.

Also his 10-wicket haul against Pakistan in Delhi will never be forgotten, not by fans of Asian cricket.

Re: 600 for Kumble!

Not only the first Indian but just the third bowler in the world to get to 600! Thats a great achievement. I think hes underrated because he doesn't spin the ball as much as a Warne or Murali but he is as effective. He is certainly India's greatest ever bowler and probably one of the best spinners of all time. I'm very proud of his achievements and hope that he can get to 700 as well.

hmmm i dunno if i would go that far kizza... u cant take away how good murali is... he turns it a bit more 2...

what a wonderful player is kumble.....its a great achievemnt for him and all indian should be proud of it.....i am very very happy for him.....now the next goal is 700....i hope he can take a hattrick as well....he almost got it in last match but the umpire again made the wrong decision..

He has improved since he became captain. I never expected Kumble to take so many wickets in Australia. Wonderful acheivement to take 600 wickets and he is doing great captaincy too. He always gives 100% for the team and we should have more players like him. He is one of the greatest heroes of indian cricket. He has made so many good performances that all of them are memorable for me. But i think the 10 wickets was the most special.

The moment that stands out for me is when he came out to bowl with a fractured jaw against West Indies and got the wicket of Lara. The match ended in a draw but that showed what a great man he was. Apart from being a great cricketer, he is also a very good person.

i think he can still play for 2 years. might get to 700 wickets. that would be a great achievement to have three greatest spinners with 700 wickets. people often dont give him credit because he is a very silent man and not flamboyant player like sachin or sourav but he deserves as much credit.

A true legend of the game, always has been in the shadow of Warne and Murali but goes about his business with the minimum of fuss.

Back