ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, GREG CHAPPELL ? ARE YOU SATISFIED, GANGUL

indiancricketer

So the inevitable has happened. Sourav Ganguly has been summarily sacked again, and this time once again, Kiran More has given us some pathetic claptrap about selecting a team " for the future , " which is such utter rubbish. Have you heard of anyone ever selecting a team " for the past" ? . As has been confirmed, Greg Chappell argued vehemently against Sourav, and Rahul Dravid smiled and nodded in approval once the selection decision was communicated to him. End of chapter.

Greg Chappell... Happy!

We at CricketNext have fought tooth and nail for Sourav Ganguly ever since the unfortunate episode at Zimbabwe for just one principal reason------ we believe and trust our conscience that the man we are backing was innocent, and a victim of circuitous and vile circumstances. He has become a pawn of Indian BCCI politics, big egos , petty jealousies and parochial camps. But the maturity, grace, emotional resilience , dignity and humility with which Sourav Ganguly has handled the repeated humiliation heaped on him from Greg Chappell & co has only confirmed our convictions----Sourav Ganguly, for all his faults and inadequacies is a true gentleman, a fighter to the core, a team man and a gutsy soldier for his country, India. We are proud of him. And today more so.

Tomorrow they say is another day. Sure, we will always pray India does well and everyone who plays becomes a superstar , record-breaker and a millionaire. Perhaps the powers -that-be will never allow Ganguly to ever come back again, as his very presence and candidness might hurt them a lot. But this team, the youngsters who have today replaced him, will probably one day realize that that they are there today because of what someone once did for team India five years ago. When Sachin Tendulkar resigned, match-fixing took over and we suffered from a miserable defeatist mind-set and an inferiority complex. And even if it was not the World Cup but only the Natwest Trophy, the pride of the passionate Indian who carried his heart on his sleeve , and therefore swirled his shirt , as he stood bare-chested in the famous Lord's balcony, defying tradition and imperial regimentation , and giving it back to Andrew Flintoff for his victory act at Wankhede Stadium just a season before.

Andrew Flintoff... Happy!

A lot has already been written and said, statistics and performance discussed, so we shall not waste your precious time reading this piece . I believe that Sourav's detractors will want him to hastily react by announcing his retirement. For them, I have some not so good news. Sourav Ganguly will hang in, fight hard, and do his best within his limitations to play for his country, whether the selectors give him an opportunity or force him into obscurity and nothingness. . For those who saw his dismissal twice in the mid-30s in the Karachi Test will know the pain and anguish he felt when he got out. He was doing his best. And he always will.

The Phoenix rose from the Ashes. And a true leader never gives up. Sourav Ganguly is not retiring, no matter how much he is hounded and hunted down. He will be back. Even if he is to play just his farewell match.

And we at CricketNext will back him, as we have done day after day, in every forum. Despite abuses, criticisms, curses and foul language, strangely, from our own people. It is our unwavering spirit to fight for a just cause, consistently and to hold our honest views, which has made us now the world's favorite and most popular cricket web site. We thank you for it. We know that we cannot please all, but believe me, we do not try to stand up for people and issues if we do not believe in them.

This pre-summer , alongwith Greg Chappell, there is another man who will share his delight at Ganguly's axing ; Andrew Flintoff. But I do know that even if he is not playing, if there is someone who will still be biting his nails and be ready to take off his polo shirt when India wins , even as he watches his former team mates and the game on his TV set in a lonely room in his home in Kolkotta, it will be our good ole' Dada.

Sourav Ganguly, you have done India proud. And we are proud of you. We at CricketNext believe it is not the beginning of your end. But the end of your beginning.

Sanjay Jha

Managing Editor

Sanjay Jha is a serious crack head! He knows nothing else in Indian cricket other than Saurav Ganguly!

I pity Ganguly but dont blame Chappell for it. Yes, they have had a damaging row, but I am sure Chappell is giving our future players a chance and is exposing them rather than giving respect to our past players! He has started with Saurav Ganguly. He has brought in Chawla as Kumble's successor. Slowly, Kumble will fade off.

Laxman is going to be on the tenderhooks soon! He is displaying nothing special in recent times and has developed flaws in his game. Tendulkar is too good to be treated that way and same with Dravid!

Gee, of course Ganguly is the wounded eagle. The world sucks. There is one God! He is Sourav Ganguly!

Seems similar to the work of some gossip columnist for a tabloid trying to attract attention by making controversial remarks. I doubt even Ganguly would care as to what they say. Still, I think Ganguly's cricket days are over. It's hard to see him making a comeback at his age.

Dada will NOT find a way back into the ODI or Test side for India. Though he has continued to fight his way with heat-warming innings in the domestic scene, he has no chance.
All you Gangs fans out there think about it; how can you leave out the likes of Yuvy, Raina or even Kaif to a certain extent.
Chapells new innovation and fresh blood have proven to win games in the sub continent and outside of it aswell.
Are you supporters suggesting one man should be allowed to be in a team, just to lower the teams standards?

Back