Avatars and other Upgrade problems

Hitterman

Avatars and other Upgrade problems

Use this thread to report any Problem which you are getting as sC has upgraded the forum Software.

The horizontal postbit isn't looking good. Can we have vertical postbit legacy?

Added 3 minute(s) and 10 second(s) later...

I am unable to upload avatars.

Re: sC's decision to go vB

You have now been changed to the vertical postbit.

Also, are you getting any errors when trying to add an avatar?

There is an option in User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Thread Display to revert back to the vertical post layout, in case any one happens to dislike the horizontal one.

Everything is great now:).

Added 2 minute(s) and 44 second(s) later...

You have now been changed to the vertical postbit.

Also, are you getting any errors when trying to add an avatar?
Let me notify you mas that "Registered Members" usergroup aren't allowed to use Avatar function. If you have used impex you need to move all the users from "Imported Users" group to "Registered Members" group.

Sorry for informing one more missing thing. The Size permission for uploading Attachments is below 20KB. Hopw this will be sorted out.

I am currently checking all the things at sC as i know after importing using iMpex ,many settings get Changed.;)

Added 5 minute(s) and 50 second(s) later...

Some more changes will be Cool.
Some good profile fields in Postbit.
Visibility of Thread Ratings (Stars) only after three votes.

Re: Avatar problems

Thread split since it had nothing to do with the original topic.

We are well aware of all the changes that were made during the process of importing the database and all of them have been reset according to our preferences. The avatar and signature permissions was the only thing that was overlooked and left on the default setting. I apologize for this and have set them to be in compliance with the forum rules.

Profile fields in postbit will be added later.

No problem. Take your time. sC is still better than the last day.:).

Added 55 second(s) later...

You also forgot to add the Arcade Trophy template code in the postbit. My tropy isn't displayed:(

Added 2 minute(s) and 24 second(s) later...

Why we can't change th etitle by double clicking in the thread view.

I didn't forget to add it. There is a reason why it hasn't been added. We don't intend to use it in its default form and its layout is being tweaked.

I know i am annoying you all but i found one more thing.
See this the irregular Allignment of the dividing line. This is because of the extra characters in the Username.
allincu1.jpg

That is a browser related problem. Since there are no spaces in Virendersingh.Berthwal's username it does not get wrapped to the next line and hence increases the width of the left column in the table.

Hitterman;26758 said:
Why we can't change th etitle by double clicking in the thread view.
Sorry, I missed this question.

There is a time limit until which you can change the thread title. It can be confusing if the title of a thread is changed frequently and hence this is in place. We might reconsider this, but until then if there is a good reason to change the thread title, please contact a Team sC member or an Admin and we'll be happy to change the title for you.

Re: Avatars and other Upgrade problems

Just to clear your misconception, its not for preventing spam or flooding. Changing thread titles(even if done multiple times in a minute) will hardly strain our server and doesn't classify as spam either. There are other measures in place for preventing spam and flooding.

Okay.
btw don't you think this thread should be stickied?, And also where is forum rules link?:(

Don't see the point in it. The avatar and signature permissions were the only thing that we forgot to take care of during the upgrade. If you do find what you think is a bug, feel free to report it but don't think you'll find many actual bugs.

The forum rules can be found in the News and Announcements forum.

btw Are pm not private because you have deleted the pm in which one user advertised?

Added 16 minute(s) and 42 second(s) later...

EDIT: Can we have the smiley box in Quick reply and Visitor Message box?:)

Hitterman;26949 said:
btw Are pm not private because you have deleted the pm in which one user advertised?

All PM's sent or recieved by a particular user can be deleted in one click from the Control Panel. It doesn't involve reading any of them.

Hitterman;26949 said:
EDIT: Can we have the smiley box in Quick reply and Visitor Message box?:)
Can't say much about that. We may add it later or we may not. I'm of the opinion that the quick reply is not a fully fledged message editor and adding extra features to it will increase the page loading time. It may be added in the future if there is demand for it or if we feel the need.

Back