Bangladesh In Sri Lanka

troll3y

Bangladesh are about to lose the two-Test series 1-0, but they can hold their heads high after this series. True, the pitch in Galle was a road, but that they were able to take a first-innings lead with two centuries is a monumental achievement. They're not the walkovers they once were -- they scored a combined 500 runs in the second Test, which isn't outstanding but is still alright, but they've also bowled with great intent in both games. The main thing they need to work on is their batting temperament and patience -- too many batsmen got out doing something reckless after doing so well up until that point.

The ODI series has been made more interesting with the absences of a few regular Sri Lankan players. Bangladesh can fancy their chances, I should think.

After making a century, Tamim Iqbal goes and fractures his thumb in the field and will now miss the rest of the tour. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Looks like Bangladesh are lacking some good pace bowlers.
I fear you're right. Abul Hasan and Rubel Hossain aren't really cutting the mustard right now; Ziaur Rahman did alright yesterday, it seems. Bangladesh have always had an (over-)abundance of decent spinners, but no outstanding pacemen known for taking wickets.

After making a century, Tamim Iqbal goes and fractures his thumb in the field and will now miss the rest of the tour. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's such bad luck for him and Bangladesh...especially because he has been out of form for ages. Where is Shakib Al Hasan by the way? Is he injured?

I fear you're right. Abul Hasan and Rubel Hossain aren't really cutting the mustard right now; Ziaur Rahman did alright yesterday, it seems. Bangladesh have always had an (over-)abundance of decent spinners, but no outstanding pacemen known for taking wickets.

Your right unfortunately. Sounds like another country I know of that I'm not going to mention, India... *cough* *cough* *cough*

Where is Shakib Al Hasan by the way? Is he injured?
He was ruled out of the Lankan tour before it even began, after being diagnosed with something called "exertional compartment syndrome" in his shin: a condition caused by a lot of running, and relieved by a lot of rest. He was here in Australia for surgery last month, and is spending his 26th birthday today still in recovery. They had said six weeks after the surgery before he could start running again.

He was ruled out of the Lankan tour before it even began, after being diagnosed with something called "exertional compartment syndrome" in his shin: a condition caused by a lot of running, and relieved by a lot of rest. He was here in Australia for surgery last month, and is spending his 26th birthday today still in recovery. They had said six weeks after the surgery before he could start running again.

Okay. The sooner he gets back, the better. They need his batting more than anything.

Back