Barwon Rockets Under 18 side

Barwon Rockets Under 18 side

The side was named today, with the carnival kicking off on the 12th of January. Thought I'd make a thread for anyone interested in discussing the squad or how they go:

Current Squad is:
Callum Buchanan (Colac)
Rhys Burke (Geelong)
Michael Condy (Geelong)
Lachlan Crook (Colac)
Sam Herbison (Geelong Grammar)
Luke Ibbs (Geelong)
Nick Lynch (Gelong)
Liam McGuane (Colac)
Luke Michell (Geelong)
Matthew Middleton (Geelong)
Becker Nguyen (East Belmont)
Sam Schaller (Geelong)
Corey Walter (Grammar)

Emergencies: Tim Brain (Geelong), Matt Richmond (Geelong)

Re: Barwon Rockets Under 18 side

im going to have a rant here. so forgive me. but tim brain is not, i repeat is not in the best 15 18 or under year old cricketers in the barwon region. no chance in hell. last year i was in year 12 at st joeys and i was in the first XI cricket team. we tried him out in a couple of games and he was just disgusting. this year he didnt even get a game at all as a year 12 in that side. im reading hes playing geelong 4s which disgusts me even more. and now im reading that hes in the best 15 under 18s. what the hell is wrong with some people??

At least he didn't get hit for the worlds biggest six at De La Salle. That ball is still going :p

ur just still mad at me cos im still 4 beers ahead of u. as if im not right about braIN

ants14;285473 said:
im going to have a rant here. so forgive me. but tim brain is not, i repeat is not in the best 15 18 or under year old cricketers in the barwon region. no chance in hell. last year i was in year 12 at st joeys and i was in the first XI cricket team. we tried him out in a couple of games and he was just disgusting. this year he didnt even get a game at all as a year 12 in that side. im reading hes playing geelong 4s which disgusts me even more. and now im reading that hes in the best 15 under 18s. what the hell is wrong with some people??

i'll back you on that ants. the kid does have talent, but has a heart the size of a flea's left nut.
he couldn't even get a game in our 1's, cause he'd never train. and the one or two games we did give him a go, he'd bowl ok, then get slapped, then fake an injury and not bowl for the rest of the game.
i don't know much about geelong juniors anymore, but there must be someone above him.

Badger;285616 said:
i'll back you on that ants. the kid does have talent, but has a heart the size of a flea's left nut.
he couldn't even get a game in our 1's, cause he'd never train. and the one or two games we did give him a go, he'd bowl ok, then get slapped, then fake an injury and not bowl for the rest of the game.
i don't know much about geelong juniors anymore, but there must be someone above him.

lol thats not nice mate

Solid Defence;285448 said:
The side was named today, with the carnival kicking off on the 12th of January. Thought I'd make a thread for anyone interested in discussing the squad or how they go:

Current Squad is:
Callum Buchanan (Colac)
Rhys Burke (Geelong)
Michael Condy (Geelong)
Lachlan Crook (Colac)
Sam Herbison (Geelong Grammar)
Luke Ibbs (Geelong)
Nick Lynch (Gelong)
Liam McGuane (Colac)
Luke Michell (Geelong)
Matthew Middleton (Geelong)
Becker Nguyen (East Belmont)
Sam Schaller (Geelong)
Corey Walter (Grammar)

would someone like to give me informatoin about all the top 13 plus who would open with the new ball cause there are a few spinners in that team

speedstar;286517 said:
would someone like to give me informatoin about all the top 13 plus who would open with the new ball cause there are a few spinners in that team

Would think Becker would be atleast first change apart from that yes there is quite a few spinners.

speedstar;286517 said:

Believe Rhys Burke bowls mediums now. Used to bowl leggies at St Peters but i think he converted when he went to Geelong. BTW he played in the 1st XI 20/20 game last night. Not too well cut out for the shortest form of the game the old GCC.

speedstar;286517 said:

i think chicken lynch would be a chance to open the bowling. good to see "iron gloves" box head mcguane keeping for the team to. also how did Jordan hutchy keast not get a game in this team he's a gun apparently...

Heres some info on the squad:

Callum Buchanan (Colac) - Mid to Lower Order Bat that bowls handy Off Spin
Rhys Burke (Geelong) - Captain, will bat 3 or 4 and bowl 2-3rd change
Michael Condy (Geelong) - Youngest in the team at 16, Opening batsmen already making waves at Geelong
Lachlan Crook (Colac) - Leg spin bowler who will probably be a designated bowler
Sam Herbison (Geelong Grammar) - Keeper/Batsmen will probably bat 6 or 7 and share keeping with McGuane
Luke Ibbs (Geelong) - Likely to bat 3 and may bowl mediums
Nick Lynch (Geelong) - Will open the bowling with medium/ medium fast deliveries
Liam McGuane (Colac) - Highly rated gloveman who might bat 6-8
Luke Michell (Geelong) - Opening batsmen who also bowls leggies, but got slapped in the trial game
Matthew Middleton (Geelong) - Off Spinner who might bat low, but should be the 2nd spinner with Crook. Vice Captain
Becker Nguyen (East Belmont) - Is likely to take the new nut with Lynch and will bat 5 or 6
Sam Schaller (Geelong) - More than likely to bat low but Schaller will be used as another spin option
Corey Walter (Grammar)- Could take the new ball or bowl first change bowling med fast and will also bat from 7-9.

Hopefully that clears it up a little

Solid Defence;289415 said:
Heres some info on the squad:

Callum Buchanan (Colac) - Mid to Lower Order Bat that bowls handy Off Spin
Rhys Burke (Geelong) - Captain, will bat 3 or 4 and bowl 2-3rd change
Michael Condy (Geelong) - Youngest in the team at 16, Opening batsmen already making waves at Geelong
Lachlan Crook (Colac) - Leg spin bowler who will probably be a designated bowler
Sam Herbison (Geelong Grammar) - Keeper/Batsmen will probably bat 6 or 7 and share keeping with McGuane
Luke Ibbs (Geelong) - Likely to bat 3 and may bowl mediums
Nick Lynch (Geelong) - Will open the bowling with medium/ medium fast deliveries
Liam McGuane (Colac) - Highly rated gloveman who might bat 6-8
Luke Michell (Geelong) - Opening batsmen who also bowls leggies, but got slapped in the trial game
Matthew Middleton (Geelong) - Off Spinner who might bat low, but should be the 2nd spinner with Crook. Vice Captain
Becker Nguyen (East Belmont) - Is likely to take the new nut with Lynch and will bat 5 or 6
Sam Schaller (Geelong) - More than likely to bat low but Schaller will be used as another spin option
Corey Walter (Grammar)- Could take the new ball or bowl first change bowling med fast and will also bat from 7-9.

Hopefully that clears it up a little

does this mean schaller wont play because hes batting low .

ants14;285473 said:

agreed, played him last year, he bowled ok i guess in a one dayer against us went for about 20 off his 6 and got 1 wicket, but bowled him 2nd ball, pretty shonky looking defence !!

anthony armistead thought u were a decent bloke but u r a **** u have to get a chance to be at least called shit and whoeva badger is ur a no hoper and u r both ****ers

anonymous10;350962 said:
anthony armistead thought u were a decent bloke but u r a **** u have to get a chance to be at least called shit and whoeva badger is ur a no hoper and u r both ****ers

wack !!!! take that Ants and Badger !!!! You have both been wacked !!!! Surely anonymous10 must be Tim Brain.

Back