Bats for under 5's

Bats for under 5's

I'm looking to get me nephew a cricket bat so that he can join in when we have a knock around in the garden. Would like to get him a 'real' bat and not a plastic quick cricket set or a cheap kashmir one.

He's 4 (almost 5) and about average height, could anyone give me some advice as to what there is out there for him?

Thanks

Re: Bats for under 5's

I would say that the first question is how much to you want to spend? If you have a generous budget then I'm sure you'll find something out there - try ringing a few bat makers.

If you're working on the low end, I'd suggest having a look at some of your old bats (I'm sure most of us have a few lying around). If you have one which is in reasonable nick, take it your local bat maker and get it cut down (blade and handle) and cleaned up. If you take the measurement from your nephews hip to the floor, it'll give them an idea as to how much to take off.

They should be able to give it a sand down and refurb (new grip etc) for a small fee.

Re: Bats for under 5's

I did pretty much the same for my boy, except I got an old harrow and chopped it down myself. Its been in use for a about a year now and he seems to enjoy using it.

To be honest I can't wait until he's a bit older and I can actually use him as an excuse to go and look at some new kit! ;)

Back