BCCI push for ban on sledging.

AB

BCCI push for ban on sledging.

The secretary of BCCI, Niranjan Shah recently told a news paper that BCCI feels sledging should be banned from cricket. The BCCI plans to put forward this proposal to ICC during the upcoming ICC meeting.
Full Story

I don't think all the other boards are going to agree with this so I can't see it happening. I think its just a reaction to what happened in the Sydney Test.

Re: BCCI push for ban on sledging.

Is there any need for sledging in cricket? Niranjan shah rightly said that cricket is not a contact sport so why is there a need for sledging?
Though this will make the BCCI look hypocritical as a few of their players like Sreesanth and Harbhajan indulge in sledging themselves.

they should make the rules more strict for sledging....if someone is abusing then he should be punished..

What is all the fuss about regarding sledging? just let them do it. This is international sport- why not make the opposition feel uncomfortable and intimidated? It comes part of playing aggresively and with the will to win. The best cricket is played when two teams go at eachother hard- plus it makes for a better spectacle for the viewer.

Back