Best Batsman Season 08/09

The Doosra

Best Batsman Season 08/09

Who has been the best this season?

Names like Loorham, Keath, Gotch and Curtain seem to spring to mind.

Any thoughts?

Re: Best Batsman Season 08/09

The Doosra;341442 said:
Who has been the best this season?

Names like Loorham, Keath, Gotch and Curtain seem to spring to mind.

Any thoughts?

Haha yeah a few spring to mind, such as Keath being the most overrated player i've seen. Having said that it was only one game and he wasn't in for more than 5 overs.
On the other hand Loorham and Curtain certainly right up there

jokers;341608 said:
Haha yeah a few spring to mind, such as Keath being the most overrated player i've seen. Having said that it was only one game and he wasn't in for more than 5 overs.

yeh curtain is the best bastman ive ever played against. but ive never played loorham or any of the MGS boys so not sure

In terms of longevity and concentration at the crease would be Carr
Loorham though would take the honours on sheer numbers

jokers;341608 said:

your a flog mate, keath in aus U/19 30 man world cup squad. cant be overeated to be in that. im guessing youve never played a decent standard of cricket in your life and your a typical private school moron who thinks that APS cricket is a good standard. pull your head out from your arse.

noich;341888 said:
In terms of longevity and concentration at the crease would be Carr
Loorham though would take the honours on sheer numbers

loorham the best batsmen, but bett has made 400 runs so on numbers would maybe slip into top 5, but nowhere nearly the likes of graham, keath, loorham

dishies;341965 said:
loorham the best batsmen, but bett has made 400 runs so on numbers would maybe slip into top 5, but nowhere nearly the likes of graham, keath, loorham

keep talking yourself up betta, maybe someone else will start soon if you keep going

chances are he has made more runs than you jokers and doubled ur career wicket tally this season

hes right though, any player that opens the batting and makes 400 runs has to be respected.

loorham
curtain
keath
graham
bett/ryan

in order in my opinion

O'Bryan from Skevs. After a cracking ball from Careys Sam Crocker making the score 3/1 after just two overs, O'Bryan punched Sam as he ran past celebrating. Well done hero.

TheStraighter1;342157 said:
O'Bryan from Skevs . After a cracking ball from Careys Sam Crocker making the score 3/1 after just two overs, O'Bryan punched Sam as he ran past celebrating. Well done hero.

Yeah piss poor effort that was. Carey's opening spell was brilliant and deserved the results they got.

jokers;341982 said:
keep talking yourself up betta, maybe someone else will start soon if you keep going

thanks pal, glad youve cottoned on, just raising a point mate, only difference is i dont hide behind an alias like the rest of you flogs, you all know who i am on this site. and you said it was on stats, and i know im miles away from curtain, keath, graham, loorham, ryan etc.... in skill, but on stats, the point had to be raised. you gonna keep who you are in the dark mate? or gonna man up?

jokers;341982 said:
Well jokers the joke is on you because I rate Betts on what he has done this year and I KNOW he saved MGS against GGS with probably one of the gutsiest innings.Betts can easily rate himself after that match as a Top 5 cricketer in APS and thats coming from someone NOT from MGS!!!!:D

cockroach raider;342508 said:
Well jokers the joke is on you because I rate Betts on what he has done this year and I KNOW he saved MGS against GGS with probably one of the gutsiest innings.Betts can easily rate himself after that match as a Top 5 cricketer in APS and thats coming from someone NOT from MGS!!!!:D

who cares how good you are, doesnt give you the right to be arrogant. if betts was as good as he thinks he is he wouldnt need to mention his own name. others would do it for him. just a suggestion for you mate

true... i think i wood have to be curtain, especially after the 100 in the last game. But shit gotch in a couple of years will be a mile ahead of the pack and cood break the record for most runs in a year.....

leighthompson23;342663 said:
true... i think i wood have to be curtain, especially after the 100 in the last game. But shit gotch in a couple of years will be a mile ahead of the pack and cood break the record for most runs in a year.....

big call mate. yeah Gotch is a gun but whilst watching my brothers in 2006 i saw Vance (the APS record holder) bat and he was unbelievable. i think he scored 7 tonnes or something ridiculous like that, that record is pretty safe.

twirl;342677 said:
big call mate. yeah Gotch is a gun but whilst watching my brothers in 2006 i saw Vance (the APS record holder) bat and he was unbelievable. i think he scored 7 tonnes or something ridiculous like that, that record is pretty safe.

Twirl has rocks in his head.

Yes it is a big call, yes Vance was unbelievable - but Gotch is pretty good. Vance scored 7 tonnes over 3 season. 4 in year 12 including a double. Nick Jewell holds the record for the most amount of runs in an APS season, not Vance. The thing that will stop gotch is the fact that he is a keeper - he wont be able to put together massive innings like 130+ consistently as he will be too ****ed.

Back