Bigcricket News

Zack

BigFooty has a section on news so has there been any thought on BigCricket introducing the same kind of thing? Obviously the articles would be cricket related. Users on this forum could create their own articles. This could encourage more people to join BigCricket.

Sure, but it requires commitment. We'd have to work out who is willing to write these pieces (I'll put up my hand), which areas of the cricketing world each person writes about, and how often pieces get written (writeups after each day's play in a Test, for instance, would not only be asking too much of the author but may override or discourage normal forum discussion).

Sure, but it requires commitment. We'd have to work out who is willing to write these pieces (I'll put up my hand), which areas of the cricketing world each person writes about, and how often pieces get written (writeups after each day's play in a Test, for instance, would not only be asking too much of the author but may override or discourage normal forum discussion).
You raise some good points. I also would volunteer to write articles when needed. Maybe people could write articles in different areas, so people would write about cricket in general. We wouldn't be able to publish different articles everyday but I am sure we could manage a few a week. Focusing on the big cricket news, like the Ashes for example. If this idea was to go forward on all these things would be discussed and agreed on.

It's a good idea. This could be started off on one of the international boards and if there's enough interest/response we could create a sub-forum.

I think that anyone is welcome to do something like this and I encourage them to submit a few pieces if they feel like giving it a crack.

Shotgun writeups on the Women's World T20 Qualifiers, and I'm sure everyone was vying for that spot :p . I'll try and submit something on each of the rest days -- the 24th, 26th, 28th, 30th, and August 1st.

Shotgun writeups on the Women's World T20 Qualifiers, and I'm sure everyone was vying for that spot :p . I'll try and submit something on each of the rest days -- the 24th, 26th, 28th, 30th, and August 1st.

Without trying to sound sexist I would focus on the men's cricket for the time being. We have no interest in women's cricket on this site at the moment but articles on that topic be good once we start to encounter traffic on that subject.

We have no interest in women's cricket on this site at the moment but articles on that topic be good once we start to encounter traffic on that subject.
Okay, in hindsight, five articles is waaaay too much -- my need for sleep was evident when I mindlessly listed those dates. Still, the reason why I wanted to write on the WWT20Q was to generate that interest in a) the women's game, and b) T20 Qualifiers, seeing the men will have to do that too in November. Personally, I think the approach is the wrong way around: I say write the articles first -- over a range of cricketing formats and issues -- and even if it doesn't eventually attract outside interest, it will at least expand our own knowledge and appreciation for the game as a whole. The crux of the articles that we write will revolve heavily around the men's game anyway, but as I'm sure I've said on here, it's unfair and unknowing to dismiss whole continents of the vast cricketing world.

Anyway, we still haven't determined how often these articles are to be written. In the (needlessly truncated) Zimbabwe-India, Sri Lanka-South Africa, and West Indies-Pakistan series, for instance, how many articles do there need to be? Will one big review at the end of the series suffice? In the cases of each of the three series, I think it would. An Ashes article prior to the start of the third Test would be timely, though if we're doing preview pieces then there's no real need for reviews. One or the other, I reckon.

Back