Bond's International career over?

AB

Bond's International career over?

His contract has been terminated by New Zealand Cricket. However, the Chief executive of NZC Justin Vaughan said that they might welcome back him when his contract with ICL ends. He is already 32 and has signed a 3 year contract with the ICL so I don't think he will have a chance to play International cricket again. Its a bad decision by NZC and its all due to the pressure exerted by BCCI. Bond, though injury prone, is their best bowler and a match winner when fully fit. I don't see any reason for them ban players involved with ICL unless the players prefer to play in that tournament over international matches. In case the schedules clash ICL has made clear that they will allow the international players to represent their country.

Re: Bond's International career over?

I agree with you, the BCCI is being a bit of a cry baby over the ICL. They should learn to co-exist. They have the upper hand in terms of being official but they should stop trying to ruin the career of players who dare to go against them.

It's a logical move for Bond, especially with his injury history.

Sad loss for cricket who is/was one of the best fast bowlers in the World when on fit and on form.Surely NZ cricket could have done more to keep him?I couldn't see a Brett Lee or Steve Harmsison leaving for the ICL when they could be playing the top level cricket .

Shows the power of the BCCI its managed to make NZ a weaker team, big mistake by the New Zealanders. I cant understand it.

Dikon said:
Sad loss for cricket who is/was one of the best fast bowlers in the World when on fit and on form.Surely NZ cricket could have done more to keep him?

I just don't see the NZ cricket board having the money to offer a player like Bond , especially when someone else can offer him more and a guaranteed payment regardless of whether he plays or not.

It is a loss to world cricket and something should be worked out but the BCCI enjoys throwing its weight around and they will protect the golden goose at all costs (until they kill it themselves).

It's a shame to lose one of the best fast bowlers the world has seen, but you can't blame Bond for wanting to secure his financial future.

new zealand should give him permissionn to play...they shoudl not take orders from bcci....bcci only care about their money and thats why they dont want icl..

Back