Bowling Action Video for Analysis

Re: Bowling Action Video for Analysis

Not such much to do with the action but an open question with regards to the approach.

In the video attached, shirazi_r has an 's' shaped approached to the crease, would he better served with a straighter run up?

I was hoping someone could point out flaws, but if there aren't too many than great!:cool:

Actually come to think of it, I'm a little unsure of my follow through, so if anyone has any tips regarding that, I'm all ears.

ding ding on approach. it's ah, just not right.

You lose an absolute ton of forward momentum with that big leap to your right as you enter your bowling action. Of course, you may not do that when you've got a little more room: but i'm guessing you have a tendency to spray it wide of off to right handers and push it across lefthanders? Straighten up, straighten up, straighten up.

Action wise: You're probably collapsing a little too much in your left hand side for comfort. Focus on pulling your guiding arm through, and not down and staying solid through your torso: that should help that out. It's also hard to tell from the shot, but it looks like you might be cutting your back leg off a little, giving that look like your "bowling around your ass" sort of thing, so there may be a small shoulder/ hip alignment issue, but i'm not great at spotting that.

Fundamentally pretty nice though.

I have a problem with the video that makes it hard for me to comment. I cannot see where the wicket would be or a target.

Your run up appears to be directly towards the camera but you do not aim in that direction; rotating to your left to bowl. This suggests that your run up is not straight... at this point, you need to be travelling towards the batsman and you need to eliminate the zig-zag.

As MV! says, you are losing momentum as you slow down into the 'jump' and blocking off your delivery. After which, your back leg cocks out to the right rather than comes through straight.

However, my main concern is your mixed action. You have a mid to side on lower half and a [very] open top half.

Thanks for pointing all of that out guys, any tips on how I should go about correcting these things? I find that when I try to fix everything it seems to all go wrong. I guess actions are like habits in they're hard to kick.

If you lads know any drills to fix the nuances, I'd love that.

I'll also try to upload another video soon, with various camera angles and super slow motion.

Cheers.:D

Hello
Nice video tutorial for Bowling,
Can any body help me to find out for Lance Klusner bowling action. he has wonderful bowling action, I have to follow him.

Back