BPCA 20-20 Comp

BPCA 20-20 Comp

Should be great fun, and as was said in another thread, hopefully all clubs jump at the chance. I had an interesting idea put to me, because if all 14 teams enter, there will not be the 16 required to make a full round, what would everyone think of possibly a BPCA Under 19 side or even a B Grade/C Grade all star team? I'm not sure how competitive it would be, but it would fill those two spots.

My early tip is that the top four as it stands will still be the teams to beat

Re: BPCA 20-20 Comp

Solid Defence;298920 said:
Should be great fun, and as was said in another thread, hopefully all clubs jump at the chance. I had an interesting idea put to me, because if all 14 teams enter, there will not be the 16 required to make a full round, what would everyone think of possibly a BPCA Under 19 side or even a B Grade/C Grade all star team? I'm not sure how competitive it would be, but it would fill those two spots.

My early tip is that the top four as it stands will still be the teams to beat

Birchy and myself had a good chat about it and came up with the idea that last years grand finalists go straight through to the second round. Superb idea i reckon;)

supersaintjohnny;299068 said:
Birchy and myself had a good chat about it and came up with the idea that last years grand finalists go straight through to the second round. Superb idea i reckon;)

I'll 2nd that idea;)

And the 4 semi finalist should be seeded so they cant meet until the semi's again IMO.

Anyway here is the way it will go from the email I got.

The concept is simple; at the next BPCA delegates meeting on
January 19 clubs will draw a lot to see which match they are in. It’s a
knockout comp to be played mid-week, it can be Tuesday,
Wednesday, or Thursday starting at 5.30pm. If clubs can’t agree what
night to play, then the BPCA will. Clubs will toss to see who hosts
their match. It’s to run for 4 consecutive weeks starting the first week
in February.
The rules will be the same as the CV VB Twenty 20 comp with a few
very minor tweaks. Each competing club will receive a copy of the
rules on January 19.
The 2 clubs that play off in the Grand Final will be the BPCA
representatives next year in the CV VB Twenty 20 comp.

The word is that there are 4 teams entered so far - Drysdale, St Albans Breakwater, Barrabool and Barwon Heads. Clubs should be queueing up to enter when the new year starts.

The rumour is that there are 5 clubs registered so far.

Drysdale, St Albans Breakwater, Barwon Heads, Barrabool and Queenscliff.

Are they going to use red balls or white?
What about coloured clothing?

A315472;301776 said:
The rumour is that there are 5 clubs registered so far.

Drysdale, St Albans Breakwater, Barwon Heads, Barrabool and Queenscliff.

Are they going to use red balls or white?
What about coloured clothing?

It'd have to be white balls being twilight fixtures, and colored clothing will be worn if clubs have them.

The list is growing - The Wallington Wombats have entered the BPCA Twenty 20 comp. They join St Albans Breakwater, Barwon Heads, Queenscliff, Barrabool and Drysdale. Pretty soon it will be a free-for-all!!

A315472;305065 said:
The list is growing - The Wallington Wombats have entered the BPCA Twenty 20 comp. They join St Albans Breakwater, Barwon Heads, Queenscliff, Barrabool and Drysdale. Pretty soon it will be a free-for-all!!

its wallabies not wombats, he is the president though.

crktluva;305081 said:
its wallabies not wombats, he is the president though.

Old habits are hard to break - have always been the Wombats or the War Pigs to me.

You're a long way off the mark if you think I'm the president!!

A315472;305139 said:
Old habits are hard to break - have always been the Wombats or the War Pigs to me.

You're a long way off the mark if you think I'm the president!!

no no no, youve misunderstood my reply, we are called the wallabies and our presidents nickname is wombat. thats a fact, we have never been called wombats in our history, warpigs was our name before wallabies.

Any update on sides?
So far St Albans, Barwon Heads, Drysdale, Wallington, Barrabool & Queenscliff have registered as of early last week apparently.

Every BPCA club except Jan Juc has committed so far. Still waiting for JJ to confirm - I'm sure they will.

A315472;311947 said:
Every BPCA club except Jan Juc has committed so far. Still waiting for JJ to confirm - I'm sure they will.

When is the draw? And how's the first round going to work if it's odd side, will someone have a bye?

Back