BPCA ladder anomolies

crktluva

BPCA ladder anomolies

with all the draws this season some sides have been dealt a harsh blow whilst others have prospered. but thats the way it goes, maybe in the future the BPCA can figure out a fairer way of dealing with drawn games. This seasons ladder does not reflect truly in my opinion for all sides. Any ideas boys ?

Re: BPCA ladder anomolies

crktluva;330093 said:
with all the draws this season some sides have been dealt a harsh blow whilst others have prospered. but thats the way it goes, maybe in the future the BPCA can figure out a fairer way of dealing with drawn games. This seasons ladder does not reflect truly in my opinion for all sides. Any ideas boys ?

There isn't much you can do about the weather, we copped the rough end of the stick a few times with it.

The only thing I could think of is if the game wasn't started it could be played on a Sunday later in the year or play a mid-week 20-20 for the premiership points I'm sure it's better than sitting in our position being 3rd having lost only 1 game for the season.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;330335 said:
There isn't much you can do about the weather, we copped the rough end of the stick a few times with it.

The only thing I could think of is if the game wasn't started it could be played on a Sunday later in the year or play a mid-week 20-20 for the premiership points I'm sure it's better than sitting in our position being 3rd having lost only 1 game for the season.
this might be a little off track.. but our u13s havent lost a game all year yet sit third on the ladder.. and the u13s is a top 2... so they needed to win last night to have any chance of making finals.. i no its only u13s but it'd still be hard for the kids... going thru the season underfeated and not getting rewarded for it

i just reckon if a side is no chance of winning that game and weather comes in, they shouldnt get 3 points when other sides play that round just miss out on winning and get no points. some sides have had many draws when being flogged and get 3 points and their ladder position is grossly inflated. st albans exact opposite, ripped off when winning comfy.

The only thing I could think of is if the game wasn't started it could be played on a Sunday later in the year or
play a mid-week 20-20 for the premiership points
I'm sure it's better than sitting in our position being 3rd having lost only 1 game for the season.
Not a bad idea that. At least your playing some form of cricket, Also you don't have to train:cool:

AMAZING state of affairs in the old BPCA, I just read the ladders for myself and as I say amazing.
In A grade BH is 1st having lost 1 game, Coll 2nd lost 2, but StA/B also lost only 1 but 3rd
C grade is worse OG lost 1 top, BH undefeated 2nd !!, DRYS lost 2 and 3rd, StA/B lost 3 and 4th, but Anglesea lost only 2 and 5th. Its interesting to note the if OG and BH played off for the Grand Final and it was washed out, then OG would win the flag. BH would therefore go through the season undefeated and not when the flag !!!! Yet when the 2 sides met BH made over 400 and OG didn't bat (who would want to).
The other problem is that some teams play lower sides in two dayers some in one dayers, which may be the reason why some sides have won more outrights than others.
Always something to keep them on their toes in the BPCA.

heres an idea, sides who are in unlikely winning positions get no points unless every effort is made to get result, then if still no result 3 points each. would make more teams play instead of easy option when they know they're gonna lose. all i know is teams that win more should be higher on the ladder than those that dont play at all.

Back