Club Coach Using Social Media To "spy" On Players.

F Troop

I was speaking to a friend of mine just the other day and he made me aware that the coach of his club was using spies on social networking sites to monitor players behaviour. He posted something cricket related that he was upset about and in not even 5 mins the coach of the club was on the phone to him spruiking his disapproval about what was said. Really, is their no such thing as privacy & free speech anymore? My friend is thinking about approaching his clubs committee and having action taken. What do you guys think?

I was speaking to a friend of mine just the other day and he made me aware that the coach of his club was using spies on social networking sites to monitor players behaviour. He posted something cricket related that he was upset about and in not even 5 mins the coach of the club was on the phone to him spruiking his disapproval about what was said. Really, is their no such thing as privacy & free speech anymore? My friend is thinking about approaching his clubs committee and having action taken. What do you guys think?

Free speech is the absence of laws regulating or prohibiting what can be said.

Sounds more like people are saying things behind someone's back and then having to answer for it. Not a free speech issue mate.

I wonder which club coach that would be? MMMMM! Anyone like to guess?

You must be kidding, a bloke has a go at a decision made relating to him from the Club Coach and once found out, wants to shift the blame and ask for privacy.....once it has been aired, and surely even the grapevine has more privacy than facebook or twitter, be prepared to face the consequences.

We of all people on here know that if YOU CHOOSE to put something in writing on the internet, then you're not asking for privacy. You're making the decision to air/voice your opinion to the wider community. Hence you must wear ramifications of what you're dealt with afterwards. I think it is petty and gutless to pot your coach/decision/player etc when you hide behind an alias, or do it so players of the same club can see but not the person. Much like some on here that are happy taking pot shots left right and centre, but won't reveal where they are from. As for the player whinging, If you have any issue, be a man about it and do it to their face.

As for the coach, should be water off a ducks back to him. If the player is being a sook but is not big enough to say something, then let it be.

If I was your friend I'd have just told the coach to ******** off. I wouldn't stand for a committee or coach trying to police my opinion and neither should your mate.

Back