Dirk Nannes!!!

DasMinx76

Dirk Nannes!!!

Rodney Hogg came out and said 'Dirk Nannes should replace Mitchell Johnson in the test team. personally im all for it and i think the selectors should select him. What is everyone else's thoughts?

Re: Dirk Nannes!!!

Why don't we bring back Fred Spofforth while we're at it?

Absolutely no chance. Hasn't done much of significance this season except for some good Twenty20 form. Would have to have a good couple of seasons for Victoria in both one-day games and the four-dayers to even be considered for Australian selection. If he can keep bowling the way he is of late, he might be up for an Australia "A" tour in future (i.e a couple of years).

There would be a lot of fast bowlers in front of Nannes. Tait, Hilfenhaus, Bracken, Noffke and Magoffin are well in front of him.

DasMinx76;202978 said:
Rodney Hogg came out and said 'Dirk Nannes should replace Mitchell Johnson in the test team. personally im all for it and i think the selectors should select him. What is everyone else's thoughts?

What??? You have got be kidding me........another fine example of an ex player making himself sound stupid. I have no doubt Dirk is a player of the FUTURE......but seriousley, Mitch has not done a whole lot wrong. Noffke sould be the next quick picked, he has the added bonus of being one of the form quicks of the comp and being a very handy all rounder at that.

Johnson is in the greatest of form with the ball ive heard and im not to sure about Nannes but last time i saw him bowl he was bowling very well

Nannes took a hat-trick the other day for Middlesex in the Twenty20 comp and is bowling very well. Hopefully he can put in another big season for Victoria. He needs to step up to take the role of an ageing Harwood.

Jolldo87;221323 said:
Nannes took a hat-trick the other day for Middlesex in the Twenty20 comp and is bowling very well. Hopefully he can put in another big season for Victoria. He needs to step up to take the role of an ageing Harwood.

carn nannes hopefully he can get a spot in the australian side if he got a hat-trick

SouthSwans;222450 said:
We'll he's got to cement a spot in the Vic side first.
He would be first bowler picked when fit

Diggler can open the bowling for me any day - seen him turn games around - gets my vote. Plus we need a Vic in there!

Back