DOWN MEMORY LANE

You're right, I still remember being aware that my socks had shrunk and I envied my brother. Well spotted. I forgot to mention the satchel made of pig skin and probably being the most expensive item. You see them here.

obl9t5fq6y9.jpg

The suits were no school uniform, though, but purely private. We wore them for some time both at school and on Sunday outings. Yes, we were six y.o. and had attended kindergarten for two or three years and enjoyed it. Mum was working part-time, so it wasn't a long day for us but a welcome change. I have two photos from the kinders showing me and my brother with totally different facial expressions. You'd probably not find out why that was so. Well, he'd just been given a useless medal that had no relation to him at all and I hadn't. (See his bib) He liked it and I was disappointed.

a75dvu6r0y4.jpg
You both look adorable! Are those cones homemade? Did the contents last a full term? 😃

You both look adorable! Are those cones homemade? Did the contents last a full term? 😃
Thanks. :thumbsu: No, the cone can be bought. They come in different sizes and some were really crammed. You could interpret it as a bit of a contest back then and, no, it didn't. 🤗

We are looking forward to seeing more pics of your current home too Thomas.
What about it, y'all have seen mine.

Btw I also have some childhood fotos so what is the secret to transfering them to here Thomas.

Last edited:
What about it, y'all have seen mine.

Btw I also have some childhood fotos so what is the secret to transfering them to here Thomas.
It's a free image hosting website like one of these:
https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

You don't have to sign up with some of them. So pick one, upload your images, and a code will be generated for each image. Share them here by inserting the link of the photo into this editor.
Prior to that, your photos need to be photographed or scanned to transform them into a jpeg file.
More details later, first pick a hosting site.

I admit that I don't have a nicely structured image archive on my PC which is why it takes a while to find the images I want to post here like what my flat looks like inside. But I'm nearly there.

Last edited:
You don't have to sign up with some of them. So pick one, upload your images, and a code will be generated for each image. Share them here by inserting the link of the photo into this editor.
Prior to that, your photos need to be photographed or scanned to transform them into a a jpeg file.
More details later, first pick a hosting site.
Sounds too much like hard work. Thanks anyway.

Nasty are tooth aches mate. I used to suffer them often as I had developed gum disease at about 50 years, put it down to the horrible tooth cleaner we were given at boarding school. Was equivalent to crushed chalk, no kidding.

Last edited:
Sounds too much like hard work. Thanks anyway.

It sounds like it and it is, indeed. Now you'll understand better why it takes some doing sometimes. :p
You need to have a digitalised version of photo prints, transfer them to an image hosting site and from there to a forum. That's what I have done for years on here and on any other forum including SOC. The good thing about it is that you keep control of them in contrast to one forum I'm a member of which only allows you to upload your photos to their site so that you can't remove or change them afterwards. I've come to dislike that.

Here's how you can do it once you have a digitalised photo.

Not a house, as that is the impression I had formed. Still an outside shot of your apartment block for starters?
Coming up very soon. I'm just working on it. Might be up to 10 photos which I'll post in our chat. Outside shot - thanks, I nearly forgot. :thumbsu:

I'm busy today preparing one of my cars for being handed over to my daughter and family for their holiday as their car has broken down. ... And we're in for 38°C today again....😓

Have you been to the dentist?
I once had an abscess under a tooth and was in agony, I had to have the tooth removed, I didn't feel a thing.

Yes, I had a first appointment for a root treatment of a molar on Monday (10th) and the final one is to be on the 25th July but that is probably too late. The first root treatment is sometimes not thorough enough since it focuses on pain removal. If one root canal is not thoroughly cleaned, then the pain may linger on until the final sealing of the tooth as in my case probably. I've been on pain killers for a week now but presumably need stronger ones which you can't buy over the counter. I showed up at the dentist yesterday and got an in-between appointment for Monday. Will see what he's gonna do then, removing the pain again or preponing the final treatment. It'll depend on how many other emergency patients will come for treatment during that pain consultation slot because he'll need one and a half hours for me alone. Either way I'll be happy if that pain gets killed. So far it has already set me back £350.

Sorry to hear about your abscess and the loss of a tooth. Same here. 😁 I take dental issues quite seriously since I know what it means if there are no dentists available. Where I grew up there were very few dentists and they mainly extracted teeth, for which they got a bonus, but didn't treat and preserve them. Their equipment was totally inappropriate. Drills didn't drill but were grinding a small hole into the tooth generating a stink. So for the first twenty years of my life it was chequebook dentistry basically as dentists were corrupt preferring those who were able to pay with hard currency. It's fair to say that there was actually no dental treatment worthy of the name at all. Back then I also had to do dentist hopping.
It's because of this experience that I appreciate proper dental treatment today.

Yes, I had a first appointment for a root treatment of a molar on Monday (10th) and the final one is to be on the 25th July but that is probably too late. The first root treatment is sometimes not thorough enough since it focuses on pain removal. If one root canal is not thoroughly cleaned, then the pain may linger on until the final sealing of the tooth as in my case probably. I've been on pain killers for a week now but presumably need stronger ones which you can't buy over the counter. I showed up at the dentist yesterday and got an in-between appointment for Monday. Will see what he's gonna do then, removing the pain again or preponing the final treatment. It'll depend on how many other emergency patients will come for treatment during that pain consultation slot because he'll need one and a half hours for me alone. Either way I'll be happy if that pain gets killed. So far it has already set me back £350.

Sorry to hear about your abscess and the loss of a tooth. Same here. 😁 I take dental issues quite seriously since I know what it means if there are no dentists available. Where I grew up there were very few dentists and they mainly extracted teeth, for which they got a bonus, but didn't treat and preserve them. Their equipment was totally inappropriate. Drills didn't drill but were grinding a small hole into the tooth generating a stink. So for the first twenty years of my life it was chequebook dentistry basically as dentists were corrupt preferring those who were able to pay with hard currency. It's fair to say that there was actually no dental treatment worthy of the name at all. Back then I also had to do dentist hopping.
It's because of this experience that I appreciate proper dental treatment today.
Sounds awful Thomas. I've never had a root canal or a filling, thank god, the worst I have had was the abscess. I remember as a child a dentist wanted to do some work on my milk tooth, my parents stopped him as it was going to fall out anyway, he probably wanted to claim the NHS fee.
There's a shortage of NHS dentists here too, only yesterday a lady was on the news saying she had pulled her own bad teeth out. I think she had gum disease so is in need of treatment. I make sure I clean my teeth regularly and sometimes gargle with warm salty water to keep my gums healthy.
Hope you get sorted out soon, toothache is just awful ☹️

Back