Dravid snubbed by Pakistan?

pal

Unhappy Dravid walks out of ceremony

Cricinfo staff

January 10, 2006

In an unexpected turn of events, Rahul Dravid, the Indian captain, walked out of the Cup unveiling ceremony held at the team hotel in Lahore on Monday evening. Dravid was reportedly upset at the unprofessional manner in which the ceremony was managed by the organisers and Allianz, the sponsors for the Test series.

Dravid arrived on time for the ceremony but was made to wait half an hour for Inzamam-ul-Haq, the Pakistan captain to arrive. The latter, however, did apologise for it. Making matters worse were the seating arrangements for the captains, which were inconvenient at best.

While the sponsors and Shaharyar Khan, the PCB chief, occupied all the seats on the dais, the captains were made to sit in the front row. After all the ritual speeches were made, the organisers announced that the captains would take questions from the media.

The media then requested that the captains be made to sit on the dais, ensuring smooth conduct of the question round. However, the organisers ruled it out, stating that even the dignitaries on the dias would take questions. This proved to be a major inconvenience to both the media as well as the captains. Only a couple of questions were asked, for which the response was hardly audible.

A while later, the captains finally made their way to the dais for the Cup unveiling ceremony. Dravid, who was already peeved at the inefficiency and chaos which marked the evening, stood for the photos and quietly walked out without informing anyone.

? Cricinfo[/quote:18xh4tvm]

I hope he uses this as fuel for the first match.

Hmm, that's pretty bad management. Surely they've gotta bring the best in the business in for such an important series!

Hmm....really really bad management there. I think Dravid did the right thing by walk out quietly. As pal said i too hope he uses this as fuel for his innings

Back