DVCA Barclay Shield Team of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradfromeltham

DVCA Barclay Shield Team of the Year

I know HDCA definatley do something like this at the Senior Presentation night. Would be interesting to see what teams were picked every year. I think it would be alot different to the teams selected to play in the Comp games each year. Is someone keen to give it a crack? Picking players that bat in each position and the bowlers for there respective clubs on the seasons they have had.

Re: DVCA Barclay Shield Team of the Year

bradfromeltham;326553 said:
I know HDCA definatley do something like this at the Senior Presentation night. Would be interesting to see what teams were picked every year. I think it would be alot different to the teams selected to play in the Comp games each year. Is someone keen to give it a crack? Picking players that bat in each position and the bowlers for there respective clubs on the seasons they have had.

I'LL HAVE A CRACK

1. Mark MINNEY
2. Rob FLETCHER
3. Scott GIBBS
4. Justin WITCHER
5. Anthony VOLPE
6. Luke POYSER ( WK ) capt
7. Jarrod CURTIS
8. Claude ANGELUCCI
9. Paul BAKER
10. Chris SALVATORE
11 Phil HURST

Harder than i thought, couldn't find room for anyone from Plenty, Creek, Research, lower Plenty, Bundoora or Macleod.
i'm sure someone else will!!

Bundoora;326560 said:
I'LL HAVE A CRACK

1. Mark MINNEY
2. Rob FLETCHER
3. Scott GIBBS
4. Justin WITCHER
5. Anthony VOLPE
7. Jarrod CURTIS
8. Claude ANGELUCCI
9. Paul BAKER
10. Chris SALVATORE
11 Phil HURST

Harder than i thought, couldn't find room for anyone from Plenty, Creek, Research, lower Plenty, Bundoora or Macleod.

Very Good!

I think the only one i would squeeze in would be El Smale at 5 but even then both him and volpe have had pretty even years.

bradfromeltham;326565 said:
Very Good!

I think the only one i would squeeze in would be El Smale at 5 but even then both him and volpe have had pretty even years.

Bundoora, I reckon your 11 is just about spot on.

Maybe Smale as 12th man then? Volpe definitely needs to be in the side.

Bundoora;326560 said:
I'LL HAVE A CRACK

1. Mark MINNEY
2. Rob FLETCHER
3. Scott GIBBS
4. Justin WITCHER
5. Anthony VOLPE
7. Jarrod CURTIS
8. Claude ANGELUCCI
9. Paul BAKER
10. Chris SALVATORE
11 Phil HURST

no room for nick curtin? i know he has hit about 400 runs 2 tons a 50. he would have to be the best performing opener behind minney wouldnt he??

PremiersAgain;326606 said:
no room for nick curtin? i know he has hit about 400 runs 2 tons a 50. he would have to be the best performing opener behind minney wouldnt he??

Nick has been in red hot form, not a lot between him and fletch i wouldn't think, i picked from memory and although Nick has had a great last 2 games, i would think Fletch has been the more consistent opener overall.

you couldn't argue if either of them were picked.

Bundoora;326560 said:
I'LL HAVE A CRACK

1. Mark MINNEY
2. Rob FLETCHER
3. Scott GIBBS
4. Justin WITCHER
5. Anthony VOLPE
7. Jarrod CURTIS
8. Claude ANGELUCCI
9. Paul BAKER
10. Chris SALVATORE
11 Phil HURST

I reckon you nailed it mate.

That looks fairly different to the Comp side?
Mick Hansen doesn't get a look in .. He would be Creek's best performer I would reckon.

fmr_13;326789 said:
Mick Hansen doesn't get a look in .. He would be Creek's best performer I would reckon.

you will find that its differnet to the comp side because most blokes are unavailiable or dont want to play in the side due it to being on the long weekend rather spending time with there families. definately a cracking side listed though.

how many runs will minney score in money shield next year? any eltham blokes know if he is staying loyal to the panthers?

fmr_13;326789 said:

had a good year, as have a many others, just can't put him ahead of Curtis which is probably the spot he'd be fighting for.

Bundoora;326923 said:
had a good year, as have a many others, just can't put him ahead of Curtis which is probably the spot he'd be fighting for.

Yeh, fair enough.
As a junior, don't know a whole heap of the blokes running around in the Shield.

Bundoora;326560 said:
I'LL HAVE A CRACK

1. Mark MINNEY
2. Rob FLETCHER
3. Scott GIBBS
4. Justin WITCHER
5. Anthony VOLPE
7. Jarrod CURTIS
8. Claude ANGELUCCI
9. Paul BAKER
10. Chris SALVATORE
11 Phil HURST

This team should be done after the finals series when the dust settles and with some of these names failing in crucial matches should change around a bit.Here is my attempt.
1-Mark Minney(capt)
2-Scott Gibbs
3-Justin Whitcher
4-Anthony Volpe
5-David Love(v-capt)
6-Shane Waddingham
7-Glenn Drummond
8-Luke Poyser
9-Claude Angelucci
10-Paul Baker
11-Ian Chesterton
12-Phil Hurst

cold case;336006 said:
This team should be done after the finals series when the dust settles and with some of these names failing in crucial matches should change around a bit.Here is my attempt.
1-Mark Minney(capt)
2-Scott Gibbs
3-Justin Whitcher
4-Anthony Volpe
5-David Love(v-capt)
6-Shane Waddingham
7-Glenn Drummond
8-Luke Poyser
9-Claude Angelucci
10-Paul Baker
11-Ian Chesterton
12-Phil Hurst

couldn't fit yourself in;)

cold case;336032 said:
nah but I'd probably get a game in our best 3rds team

good luck on Saturday, and even better luck to anyone who tries to get the ball out your hands!!!

p.s - Bowl from Shearers end, Sarge doesn't want to be called names again:D

cold case;336006 said:
1-Mark Minney(capt)
2-Scott Gibbs
3-Justin Whitcher
4-Anthony Volpe
5-David Love(v-capt)
6-Shane Waddingham?
7-Glenn Drummond?
8-Luke Poyser
9-Claude Angelucci
10-Paul Baker
11-Ian Chesterton
12-Phil Hurst

Fair call with chesto just keeps getting wickets. Explain the other 2 though?

ranga17;339235 said:
wat bout M.ross from research made 400 odd runs

Yeh fair call but I've also not put in Fletch and Nick Curtin.Could probably pick a 2nd side who could beat the 1st side at any given time.Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back