ECB set to announce new chairman

mas cambios

ECB set to announce new chairman

Giles Clarke will be named chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board on Tuesday, BBC Sport understands.

The Somerset chairman succeeds David Morgan, who is taking over as president of the International Cricket Council.

From BBC

I think this is the right choice as I have a feeling that Mike Soper is a bit of a dinosaur and would ruin not only the county game but the England team as well.

It also seems that Soper fluffed his chance in the first ballot, and you rarely get second chances!

Re: ECB set to announce new chairman

You tell me...

The 53-year-old Clarke began the ballot as the underdog, having become an unpopular figure in English cricket after brokering the £220million deal with BSkyB that took home Test series away from terrestrial television. But he is currently overseeing the redevelopment of the county ground in Taunton and is believed to be keen on attracting investment to try to boost the finances of county cricket.

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/312467.html

Re: ECB set to announce new chairman

Though I would love to see free to air cricket back, I have to admit that it may be a long shot.

Out of the two, Clarke seems to be the more progressive - Soper refuses to believe that anything such as burn out even exists. I also suspect that he would favour the counties over the national side, which is just plain wrong.

Back