england bowlers chris tremlett

wrighty

england bowlers chris tremlett

can any one explain why england can name a bowler in a squad who could not even bat or bowl in his last game due to back spasms surely this is a good time to pick a fringe player who would gain experience and be able to last 5 days if chosen

Re: england bowlers chris tremlett

A very good point but I expect they have taken the view that his back is now ok (spasms are a strange thing, although I have only suffered from them once or twice) and also that he is the best 'replacement' for Hoggard. He also bowled his 10 overs for Hampshire on Tuesday so must be 'fit' (although I'm well aware that this is no indication of being test match fit).

In terms of young bowlers, who would you bring in, especially if there was/is an outside chance that they would play? Surely, they are better off actually playing rather than carrying drinks, if you do have to have someone in that role then I feel it is better to have someone who knows the crack (not Harmison though, please not Harmison).

As far as younger bowlers go, I would give Onions or Tremlett the spot. Considering a bit of experience as a good thing, how about Shreck, though he's not much older, or one of the Gloucs boys: Kirby or Lewis?

Not a fan of Jon Lewis, he never seems to really perform on the international stage, and i think he lacks the pace to be a true threat in a test match. I'd go for Onions personally. I've been impressed with him for the past few seasons, and he's bowled well for the Lions. Tremlett's a good bowler aswell, we've certainly got a few quality quicks doing the rounds atm. Anderson, Sidebottom and Broad is the future though I think. I'm a big fan of all 3, especially Anderson. When Anderson's on form he's one of the best in the world, he just needs to gain the consistency. He'll bowl well at Old Trafford.

Back