England Coach Walks Out on Team Mid Tour

mas cambios

England Coach Walks Out on Team Mid Tour

Mark Dobson has resigned as England women's head coach midway through the tour of Australia and New Zealand. Citing personal reasons, the ECB level-three coach apologised to the England team and returned home.

Surrey's Mark Lane, drafted in after assistant coach Vince Wells opted out of the tour for personal reasons as well, will take over on a temporary basis for the remainder of the tour.

Dobson, 40, was appointed coach in June 2007 and his first assignment was New Zealand's visit last August. He had a brief first-class career at Kent and Glamorgan and has been in the game as a coach ever since.

Have to say that this is a massive shock and one that is far from helpful for the team. Hope that whatever is troubling Dobson, is resolved quickly but still, not an ideal situation.

Re: England Coach Walks Out on Team Mid Tour

Being the senior coach of womens cricket in the British Forces, I'm shocked. What I would give to be in his position working with the cream of womens cricket in England. I hope Charlotte can pick the girls up and continue the recent good work (great win against aussies), but it seems it is too easy to walk away from commitments in sport. Why? Mental pressure, physically demanding and lack of satisfaction? What a great job some people get into.

Re: England Coach Walks Out on Team Mid Tour

I'm with you, I'd love to be out there but then we don't know what else is going on in his life. I do find it hard to believe that they couldn't handle it better though.

Good to see Lottie leading the way and another win gives us the lead in the series again and means that they cannot lose it.

Back