England Take No.1 Spot By Thrashing India

futureblackcap

What do you think of the Test series so far?

How long do you think England will hold the spot for?

For me, James Anderson, Ian Bell and Matt Prior have been the stand out players for England.

India's batting line up is aging, they need to find some younger replacements soon.

Mate what's happening with this forum? Seems that there's no-one on here any more? Yeah good test from an English blokes point of view, but would have been a bit different if Khan had been in the side and the rest of the team had bothered, it seems as though once Khan was out of the frame they threw the towel in. Good to see Mishra having a bowl, he looked nervous to start out and it looked like they were using him just to give the quicks a rest initially which I don't think did his confidence any good, but today they showed a little more faith in him and his confidence grew I thought, it's just good to see a Wrist Spinner at work. All the team with the exception of my man Bopara look top notch, I've read some stuff about Bopara in the last couple of days, he sounds a bit of a pratt off the field, doesn't sound like he could butter a slice of toast in his life outside of cricket, he's probably one of those pratts that's on his mobile phone all day texting. Shame really.

Mate what's happening with this forum? Seems that there's no-one on here any more? Yeah good test from an English blokes point of view, but would have been a bit different if Khan had been in the side and the rest of the team had bothered, it seems as though once Khan was out of the frame they threw the towel in. Good to see Mishra having a bowl, he looked nervous to start out and it looked like they were using him just to give the quicks a rest initially which I don't think did his confidence any good, but today they showed a little more faith in him and his confidence grew I thought, it's just good to see a Wrist Spinner at work. All the team with the exception of my man Bopara look top notch, I've read some stuff about Bopara in the last couple of days, he sounds a bit of a pratt off the field, doesn't sound like he could butter a slice of toast in his life outside of cricket, he's probably one of those pratts that's on his mobile phone all day texting. Shame really.

It's sad, I come on here almost everyday and there is normally at least two people online. But for whatever reason, most of them don't like to post which defeats the purpose of being on a forum.

I watched Mishra have a couple of overs, just like so many leg spinners at the moment. He looked low on confidence, probably because he knows he will be out of the squad once Harbajan is back from injury.

Sad about Bopara, there will always be guys like him in sport.

Hi guys I'm new here so ill put my two cents in. England will be on top for a while now. You missed out Trott in the stand out players and also Cook. the whole side is starting to really gel. I don't beleive we have even seen the start of englands world domination yet.

As for Bopara, yes great shame but he had his opportunity now Morgan has stepped up!

I would really like to see another out and out rapid pace bowler for england to really get the yips up the other test nations.

Also, I beleive next year will be a good test when we take on SA.

Hi guys I'm new here so ill put my two cents in. England will be on top for a while now. You missed out Trott in the stand out players and also Cook. the whole side is starting to really gel. I don't beleive we have even seen the start of englands world domination yet.

As for Bopara, yes great shame but he had his opportunity now Morgan has stepped up!

I would really like to see another out and out rapid pace bowler for england to really get the yips up the other test nations.

Also, I beleive next year will be a good test when we take on SA.

How could I forget Cook? :O Actually, I was meaning the stand out players of the series and until Cook's 290 odd run innings he had been out of runs and Trott was also short of runs in the series to date. I agree, England will dominate for a few more years. I'm not sure how long, SA will be the ultimate test as SA are the only team that I can see England being challenged by at the moment.

Let's hope to see that Wrist Spinner in amongst it then, I can't remember his name at the minute, but he looked really good and he should cause us some problems.

They look good although when they won't be dominate until they beat sides like South Africa and India away from home. Making your home ground a fortress is great but it means nothing if you can't play anywhere else. It's the reasons why India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan struggle away from the subcontinent as they are used to playing on slow, spinning and dusty pitches very frequently and have little to no experience on other pitch types.

They look good although when they won't be dominate until they beat sides like South Africa and India away from home. Making your home ground a fortress is great but it means nothing if you can't play anywhere else. It's the reasons why India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan struggle away from the subcontinent as they are used to playing on slow, spinning and dusty pitches very frequently and have little to no experience on other pitch types.

You may be right, but as the commentators keep saying there's depth within the side and there seems to be a change whereby if you don't perform, there's at least one other bloke queuing up to take your place.

Gentleman, can I for the record state that I think this is a fairer reflection of how things are really in international cricket. India got the test ranking by math calculations and not be winning many test matches.

I agree with the notion that England needs to win alot of away test series to be real number 1. Yes, I know but the way this England side looks, looks to be a side full of match winners on their day. I have some concerns as I still think they are very dependant on conditions (swing for Anderson and Broad) but have a spinner in Swann that rises to the challenge. I am honest when I say I have watched a lot of the past series but the current crop of England players are without a doubt their best they have had in quite a while.

Personally for them to be legitimate:
Win a test series in Sri-Lanka as the wickets are pretty dead and the Sri-Lankans play their conditions to defeat the opposition to the ground in terms of there dominance.
Secondly, come to my country (South Africa) and win a 5 test match series here in the summer. No 3 test match nonsense like what we have become used to but seriously show me that the batsmen can handle hard and fast wickets. Throw in Steyn and Morkel with Tahir on day 3 and 4. Win that and they have my respect. I still think the top order is suspect against the rising ball bowled at pace.. real pace I mean.
Handle India in India for a 3-5 test match series and then they prove their worth. Facing the wall (Dravid) and a better bowling attack (Harbhajan, Zaheer Khan) would prove that the are the real deal.
Lastly, win another series in Australia (preferably in 3 years time :)). Yes I know they won the Ashes there (sorry elcap and ljp) but for me Australia is the ultimate test for English teams. The crowds cant stand the English nor can playing at a packed MCG and SCG be mimicked anywhere else.

better yet name an English 11 with 11 englishmen, hats off to south africa atm, probably the 2nd best test team in the world, and producing a hand full of players for england to use too.

i wonder if England just got lucky to land No.1 for test as they seem to have lost their plot with their ODIs in India resulting in a whitewash.

i wonder if England just got lucky to land No.1 for test as they seem to have lost their plot with their ODIs in India resulting in a whitewash.

They weren't lucky, they played brilliantly in the Ashes and at home against India. They are just better suited to the test match format

What do you think of the Test series so far?

How long do you think England will hold the spot for?

For me, James Anderson, Ian Bell and Matt Prior have been the stand out players for England.

India's batting line up is aging, they need to find some younger replacements soon.

Im hoping we [England] managed to keep top spot...my issue is that we can be amazing in one test and really poor the next...we need consistency. Side note - Bopara is out against Windies - Article here: England re-think Windies 1st test

England I sense will use the West Indies as a warm up series for the South African tour that is in June. In all honesty they should be more than able to handle the West Indies at home.

England have some issues, that they need to get sorted: Andrew Strauss cant score a run at the moment and Stuart Broad is also battling with Rhythm.

England I sense will use the West Indies as a warm up series for the South African tour that is in June. In all honesty they should be more than able to handle the West Indies at home.

England have some issues, that they need to get sorted: Andrew Strauss cant score a run at the moment and Stuart Broad is also battling with Rhythm.

Broad has been struggling with consistency since he was injured back in Australia I feel. Not sure whats happening with Strauss though as he used to be reliable for a good few runs.

Back