Ford Ranger Cup: SpeedBlitz Blues vs. West End Redbacks at North Sydney Oval (Sun)

SouthSwans

Ford Ranger Cup: SpeedBlitz Blues vs. West End Redbacks at North Sydney Oval (Sun)

New South Wales made 5/291 in their innings and South Australia is making a hard effort in pursuit of it, 2/140 off 27 overs. They require 9.20 an over from here on in.

The Blues stayed at a steady rate of 5 RPO for basically the whole innings until the last seven overs when Moises Henriques cut loose with 43 from 24 balls and lifted the run rate to almost 6. Aaron O'Brien made a steady 58 from 60, but the other batsmen Jaques, Simmons, Haddin, Thornely and Christian only really made starts of 20s and 30s. Shaun Tait took two wickets but that was really the only spark the South Australians had in the innings.

After the break, Matty Elliott and Mark Cosgrove got straight into the task, travelling smoothly at 6 an over before Cosgrove got confused by a Nathan Hauritz delivery in the 11th over and was bowled for 31, then the run rate slowed somewhat as Greg Blewett plodded along to a 43-ball 26. He became Hauritz's next victim as he put a delivery down Simmonds' throat. Callum Ferguson has just come in and has set about lifting the run rate with two quick boundaries. Ferguson is currently in with Elliott who has taken himself to 78 from 85.

Re: Ford Ranger Cup: SpeedBlitz Blues vs. West End Redbacks at North Sydney Oval (Sun)

Elliott has just made his hundred from 102 balls.

SA require 95 at 11.50 RPO.

Re: Ford Ranger Cup: SpeedBlitz Blues vs. West End Redbacks at North Sydney Oval (Sun)

What a win to the SA redbacks. They needed 19 runs off the last over and did it with 2 balls to spare. Absolutely amazing!!

-Ben

WHOA! Borgas went absolutely ballistic in that last over. He made 31 off 9 balls and dominated Nicholson who lost them the game with an appauling over.

Sensational stuff Redbacks.

I am still wondering why Boof didn't bowl out his 10 and Blewett was left on...considering he was getting booted around.

Rough_Edges;106278 said:
Sensational stuff Redbacks.

I am still wondering why Boof didn't bowl out his 10 and Blewett was left on...considering he was getting booted around.

I know me too!! Dunno what his thinking was...

-Ben

Me three. All's well that ends well for the Redbacks, but that was a pretty rusty performance in the field by South Australia. But what a game! I had about three temper tantrums on the way (I get a bit emotional watching SA or Australia), mostly related to fielding errors or captaincy moves- mostly about leaving Blewett on.

Speaking with a more impartial hat on, I have to admit that I've never seen such an impressive 19 year old batting talent then Moises Henriques. On that showing, he's already ready to play for Australia, at least as a batsman. Watson and Symonds better watch out!

Bundy_Dry&Lime;106409 said:
Speaking with a more impartial hat on, I have to admit that I've never seen such an impressive 19 year old batting talent then Moises Henriques. On that showing, he's already ready to play for Australia, at least as a batsman. Watson and Symonds better watch out!

you really think he's ready already for Australia? he's got potential, and he's on the right track, but i think its a bit premature for him to get a call anytime soon..... at least not until he is in his 20's :)

The boy has prodigious skills. What really impressed me I think was his shot selection. Just about every ball he made the right call.

Of course, with Watto and Roy in the ODI team, he's not going to get a call up for a while, but he's good to go. I reckon he should go to NZ and play in the Chappell Hadlee trophy to give him a taste. But you know how risk averse our selectors are....

Back