Ford Ranger One Day Cup - Western Australia vs Victoria at the WACA

Ljp86

Staff member
Ford Ranger One Day Cup - Western Australia vs Victoria at the WACA

The second one day game of the season and the first hit-out for these two teams.

The rain cleared the morning and we should get a good contest here. The Vics won the toss and sent WA in to bat. That decision looked shaky for a while but the VIcs have hit back recently to set the game on a more even keel.

In a surprise move, WA did not open with Justin Langer. Instead, wicketkeepr Luke Ronchi and Chris Rogers started the innings with Rogers out earlyt, Ronchi went on to make 59. Marcus North made 30 and Adam Voges is holding up the WA innings at the moment, he's still there on 37.

Langer was just dismissed for 6, out to the bowling of David Hussey. Hussey also has the wicket of Marcus North and so far has fine figures of 2/18 off 5 overs.

Shane Harwood has 2/23 with Gerard Denton getting the other wicket.

WA debutant Sean Ervine is currently in the middle with Voges, he's on 5.

WA are 5/173 in the 35th over scoring at 5 runs per over.

Re: Ford Ranger One Day Cup - Western Australia vs Victoria at the WACA

Is Sean Ervine a former Zimbabwe international?

Indeed he is. I think this is his second or third year in Australia. He hasn't played many games for WA, although I'm not sure why. Defintely better that some of the allrounders who have played for WA.

Squiz;105850 said:
Indeed he is. I think this is his second or third year in Australia. He hasn't played many games for WA, although I'm not sure why. Defintely better that some of the allrounders who have played for WA.

Yes, Sean Ervine used to play for Zimbabwe, Stamislav.

This is his 3rd year with WA. Couldn't get any solid form with club team Fremantle in his first season with us and his second season will ruined by a serious knee injury.

Good to see Ervine playing, definitely has the talent and the skills to play at this level.

Harwood - Legend

5-40

Yeah some handy points there for me.

I'd never seen Harwood before, and he really impressed me, I can see now why the Victorians keep raving about him.

I like having all this cricket on Fox Sports!

Western Australia defeated the Victorians by 11 runs. Was an entertaining game with Victoria just falling short.

That it was. Was meant to head out there but had to play golf :D. Voges continues to impress me making 82 I think?

Victoria were disappointing but we made a good fight back with Moss and Lindsay nearly pulling off a ripper.

Harwood bowled exceptionally well whilst Hodge batted well opening the innings.

Back