GCA Draws 2010-2011

cheer_cheer

GCA Draws 2010-2011

The GCA Draws were done tonight at the GCA General meeting with the divisions having 12 rounds for the season, with 4 one day games and 8 two day games. There will only be one team each side will play twice this season. To get a quick look at which teams play each other twice, I will list the 12 sides in draw order. The first round of the season (1 day game) will go 1 v 2, 3 v 4, etc. Those are the two sides which will play each other again in Round 12. I am sure draws will be up on club websites or the GCA website shortly.

Div 1
1. Bell Post Hill
2. North Geelong
3. Lara
4. Newtown
5. St Joseph's
6. Manifold
7. Geelong West
8. Grovedale
9. Leopold
10. South Barwon
11. Thomson
12. East Belmont

Div 2
1. Newcomb
2. Marshall
3. Guild Saints
4. St Albans/Breakwater
5. St Peter's
6. Murghebuloc
7. Highton
8. Waurn Ponds
9. Geelong City
10. North Shore
11. Alexander Thomson
12. Torquay

Div 3
1. Modewarre
2. Corio
3. Inverleigh
4. Lethbridge
5. Winchelsea
6. Bannockburn
7. Little River
8. Corio Bay
9. Meredith
10. Bell Park
11. Anakie
12. Teesdale

Tough gig for Thomson having to play East Belmont twice in their first season up into Div 1.

Re: GCA Draws 2010-2011

No surprises there with East Belmont getting to play the side that comes up from division 2. No matter how it happens, the draw always seems to benefit them.

I don't mean any disrespect to Thomson either before anyone gets up on there high horse.

Bring in the rolling draw like the GDFL does.

ants14;403835 said:
No surprises there with East Belmont getting to play the side that comes up from division 2. No matter how it happens, the draw always seems to benefit them.

I don't mean any disrespect to Thomson either before anyone gets up on there high horse.

Bring in the rolling draw like the GDFL does.

It is a totally random draw though, each club gets up and pulls out a number to the draw. This year they even went the other way with highest alphabetic order picking first. Could not do a rolling draw as teams come up and down, # of rounds get altered between seasons, etc. The assigning of the draw is random, it is then after teams have been assigned that you can start to pick out the issues with the uneven draw. Hmmm, this is much better to talk about than watching this terrible cricket !!

In most cases though, you could just replace the side that went down with the side that went up.

I know it's random, but I just think the rolling draw works really well, it doesn't matter how many round their are in the season.

Intersested to hear from anybody whos played against or knows anything about Bell Park. What can we(Div 3) expect from them? Who are their key players?

whatdoumeanwashe;404077 said:
Intersested to hear from anybody whos played against or knows anything about Bell Park. What can we(Div 3) expect from them? Who are their key players?
Bit hard to tell yet i reckon mate.. havent heard if pickles brown is staying or not but i think other than him last year they were mainly all young blokes.. The young mathieson brothers have sum talent tho

Short arm;405189 said:
When will the Div 2 and Div 3 draws be available online for us to see?????

The GCAs web site will be shuting down soon and you will be directed to a My Cricket GCA site. Draws will probably be up then. Or just ask your club, they have a copy.

Back