god help me!!! i cannot play off my pads!!

MobyCricket

god help me!!! i cannot play off my pads!!

im a bowler who bats a bit, i think im allright on the offside, cut, backfoot punch, drive. however anything leg stump and im insta-LBW.
i know like the technique, dropping the shoulder and all that, i just cant play,
NB i can play the pull and hook, just no on drive, no pads flick and no leg glance.
no falling over to the leg side, just general malcoordinated s***
PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT TO PLAY LIKE AN INDIAN!

Re: god help me!!! i cannot play off my pads!!

Hi Moby,
Get a team mate to give some throwdowns in the nets on the leg side to practice the leg side shots.
If u want to practice alone;then ball-on-string is ideal practice for you.
Do u want to develop batting because of team requirement or Ur own personal interest.

both really, i love batting, i just happen to be relatively crap at it...
most people in our squad dont "waste" time on throwdowns with tail end batsman, illhave to try and convince them otherwise
cheers,
also technique wise, can someone walk me through the shot step by step?

Moby,
Ball-on-string is ideally good practice for you.
Put the ball in a sock an tie it to the ceiling or tree and adjust the length as per the bounce of ball in Ur local pitch.

I have attach photos of knocking practice for your further reference.

Can u post a video of your batting?

ill try, i cant play till 2 weeks time filming, cause my cameras at home and im on tour with my school in west indies, god they bowl so fast, my scores so far....

0, 3, 13, 0, 0 oops

the pitches are really really bouncy so anything short either hits u full on or is a juicy four, my only good score was where they bowled outside of off stump mostly, all of those were out LB except for the 13 where i was caught out slogging in the last over

Moby,
Don't get disappointed Ur selection and key role in the team is of your leg spin bowling.
So concentrate on Ur bowling.
Batting can be looked in the nets during training.
If possible post a few photos of your tour in the General Discussion of "Photos & Videos" thread.
Share it with us :)

Next match go out there an tonk :p

Then the next match stay in for the whole match!

God I wish I got to go overseas with my school for cricket. My club coach wants to take a team to India to play over there but I doubt that would happen, but I would love it.

im a terrible terrible slogger, miss half the time, and generally get caught.
our school only does this once every 5 or 6 years, im goddamn lucky to have just broken into the 1st 11 when it was on

My suggestion would be take leg stump guard and try to play in the V if the ball bowled is full showing full face of the blade. You eradicate lbw's that way. On bouncy wickets if you have the pulls and backfoot drives and cuts you should be fine. You can slowly work on those leg glances while practicing in nets or sock cricket and slowly introduce it in matches.

Back