Gray Nicolls Powerbow

FBI

Gray Nicolls Powerbow

Recently, my cousin lent me his Gray Nicolls Powerbow while I knocked in my new Kookabura Big Beast. This Powerbow has been very good to me and turned me from useless number 11 to very useful lower order batsman

The middle of the bat ranges from quite low on the bat to a point just above the midway point between the bottom of the sticker and the bottom of the bat. It is a large middle and a ball needs not be feather touched to race away to the boundary, the middle is that good.

On the contrary, the toe and splices of the bat are less forgiving but luckily enough, they are bad enough not to reach the infield if you manage to stop your shot in time. The ball does not pop up off the weak spots on the bat nor does it travel far, it is very useful in a strange way. Unfortunately, after a few bad ones, the toe cracks as does the toe guard but with a bit of fibreglass tape, it holds in place nicely.

The pick up is very bottom heavy but one extra grip totally solves that problem and makes it a light pick up for what is quite a chunky bat. Being a heavy bat, you may play and miss at a few if the ball moves late, but it is better than edging it I guess and it is to be expected from every heavy bat.

Overall: 9.5/10

Re: Gray Nicolls Powerbow

I have use of one of these and have to agree pretty much with the above review.

It's a decent bat for when the pitch is keeping low due to the lowish middle, and it does pack a nice bit of meat around the sweet spot.

Much as above they can be a little bottom heavy on the pick up but an extra grip or half grip will help to counter that.

Back