hard foam ball - my last one has died :(

liamthanks

hard foam ball - my last one has died :(

Hi guys. I don't play the proper game but love to play back/front yard cricket with my mates. We had a couple balls that we "were given" from school that were yellow, made of a hard, very durable foam with a seam moulded into them. It was the best balls to play with but our last one has cracked and died.

Was wondering if anyone here has heard of these balls, or knows where I can obtain one. Searched everywhere, from ebay to school sport equipment sites, with no luck.

thanks in advance.

liam

Re: hard foam ball - my last one has died :(

not quite. it basically looks like a yellow ball with a raised mould around it (being the seam). if i can find where it is i'll take a picture, but its over the neighbours fence somewhere haha.

its not plastic at all.

liamthanks;381806 said:
not quite. it basically looks like a yellow ball with a raised mould around it (being the seam). if i can find where it is i'll take a picture, but its over the neighbours fence somewhere haha.

its not plastic at all.

Jump over the fence and get it? Other than that why not use plastic balls like the Kookaburra balls or windballs?

because its a lot of big plants and i cant see anything. and they whinge when i do it too haha. previously, all the plastic balls ive bought have been rubbish, cant get any pace with him, have stuff all bounce and barely spin, where as the foam ball is awesome for all of them

Incrediball by any chance?

802.jpg

negative again. its just completely yellow. standard cricket ball size, maybe smaller. no stitching at all, just a raised strip of foam forming a "seam". still havnt found it. will probably have to wait till sunday

Sounds like it was a one off special for a company or promotion. I think I know what you're on about but I've only ever seen them given away.

nope. none of them. will just have to wait till sunday. will update then, for now, have a merry christmas. :)

It's a milo cricket ball I think. It's not like foam, more like a dense/soft plastic or rubber.

It could something like this:

41YejXq5btL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It's a very soft plastic type ball, with moulded seam. Some are more plastic looking than others (then tend to look a bit more foamish). Come either hollow or with a foam type middle.

Failing that it could well be a version of the sponge type balls they give out (example here

nope. certainly not that, have one of those too. loses all its pace mid-flight haha.

this is just a high density foam ball, u can just squeeze into it. its all one material. not foam wrapped in plastic. and its quite light. thats all i can say about it.

has nothing to do with plastic one bit. searched for it today, cant find it. might have to go to clark foam and rubber or something and see if they could make one

In that case then, the closest match is the one I linked to - the cricket Australia ball. It's a high density foam with a little bit of give.

that description states its a 'sponge' ball. doesnt sound too hard to me. I have a ball that looks almost identical to that but was a stress ball, so hmm

Back