Have You Got Ipl 2013 Fever?

Are you following the IPL this year?

• Absolutely! Go [insert team name here]!!!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yeah. It's a great cricketing spectacle!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I look at the scorecards, but that's about it.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NO WAY! TEST MATCH CRICKET FOREVER!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

troll3y

I had to do it. Sorry.

It's intended to be a light-hearted poll and thread, but I am genuinely curious. Personally, I'm bothered by the whole franchise thing and rosters changing every season (minor changes, perhaps, but still). I grew up loving the internationalism of cricket, and that's really where my heart still is; I was far more interesting in the ACC's T20 final between Afghanistan and Nepal than the IPL opener, and I love to read about the development of our great game in Associate and Affiliate nations. I also have several grievances with the IPL, not in the least of which is the ugly size of the window in the international calendar. There's also the over-saturation of T20 cricket around the world, the needless offshoots of other domestic T20 leagues, the dilution of national pride among cricketers, and the stupid amounts of money involved in the whole thing that spawns greed in several people and parties.

That said, I do look at IPL scorecards. The glitz and glamour of the series itself don't really appeal to me, but you can't help but keep an eye on a tournament involving many of the world's best cricketers. It delights me to see the names of Associate and Affiliate cricketers playing with the best Test-nation players, and I don't have a problem with the best cricketers having a good pay-day (within reason). I feel the need to add that we don't get the IPL on TV in Australia, so there's that restriction; it wouldn't make a difference to me, anyway.

But yeah, it'd be nice to get a discussion going (seeing there are no Tests for a couple of weeks). The poll options are vague guidelines forecasting the amount of interest or disinterest you may have. I'd like to read posted opinions, though. Like it or loathe it?

I'd probably watch a few matches if it were televised in Australia. I guess not showing any of the games has burnt off a lot of my interest but I have checked some scores and looked at highlights from time to time.

I'd probably watch a few matches if it were televised in Australia. I guess not showing any of the games has burnt off a lot of my interest but I have checked some scores and looked at highlights from time to time.
Thats cool.I like your intention

I only really check the scorecards every so often and occasionally watch it. I've never gotten excited from it though. My favourite thing about it is watching the retired greats like Gilchrist and Lee playing again.

I only really check the scorecards every so often and occasionally watch it. I've never gotten excited from it though. My favourite thing about it is watching the retired greats like Gilchrist and Lee playing again.
Gilchrist has taken his first wicket as a spinner in any format of the game against kings XI punjab.Sad news:Gilly has retired from ipl

Back