Hey all

MaxyWalker

Hey all

My names Tom, and I'm obviously a mad cricket fan.
Love the game, and spend alot of my summer over the course of domestic season watching cricket at the WACA.
I recently got my 12th man membership so plenty to look forward to in regards to watching the Warriors (Western Australia) at the WACA this season. Favourite player is Shane Watson. Loved him since I met him at the SA test in Perth in late 2008.
Domestic cricket is more my thing (follow it much more than I have previously), and have an up and coming brother who should be playing state next year if he works hard.

Hope to be a sports journalist when I finish school, writing about the sports I love.

Good to be here,
Tom/ MaxyWalker

Re: Hey all

Welcome to the site, hope you'll enjoy it and stick around.

Just be careful talking about Watson :D

Good to see you get down to the ground as well, something that cricket needs more of.

I'm guessing he isn't a fan favourite here? What a surprise. :D

Yeah, looking forward to it. Kicks off this week against Victoria.

MaxyWalker;409813 said:
I'm guessing he isn't a fan favourite here? What a surprise. :D

Yeah, looking forward to it. Kicks off this week against Victoria.

Well nobody doubts his ability... just more the acting lessons he has taken haha :p

We'll see how they handle the new split innings idea. Victoria haven't had any practice matches in the format because they were playing in the Champions League, so they'll be running strategies based on theory. WA has played two practice games I think so I'd call your guys as favourites for this one. Brad Knowles is out with an injury though which is unfortunate.

Queensland plays tomorrow against Tasmania. That's the one I'm worried about :)

Hmmm, yeah. I look forward to getting more involved in the the domestic side of things, think we have a strong list and can push for a higher finish than our 4th on 2009-10, in the 4 day format of the game.

Back