How To Impress My Coach?

shahidpak

Hello, im 13 yrs old legspinner and i bat a bit too im nearly 14.
So im going to play m yfirst match for the senior team (only team in our club (France))next season and im 99.99% sur im going to bat at 11. But i would like to go up.
Now the problem is that i have 2 coaches:
1 of my coaches has two young sons playing in the team so he is too busy giving them advice and making them open nearly always unsuccesfully and ignores others

the other one is asking me to only bowl and he wont pay attention on my batting

In this case how can i come up the batting order since im the youngest?

Hello, im 13 yrs old legspinner and i bat a bit too im nearly 14.
So im going to play m yfirst match for the senior team (only team in our club (France))next season and im 99.99% sur im going to bat at 11. But i would like to go up.
Now the problem is that i have 2 coaches:
1 of my coaches has two young sons playing in the team so he is too busy giving them advice and making them open nearly always unsuccesfully and ignores others

the other one is asking me to only bowl and he wont pay attention on my batting

In this case how can i come up the batting order since im the youngest?

There is only one way to really impress any cricket selector / coach. Make runs.

I know you bat at 11, but there will be opportunities for you to make lots of runs or save your side and win your team the game. A 50* from an opener is no better than a 50* from a number 11 batsman.

Make the most of a chance to get lots of runs when it comes your way. Or just don't worry about it, if the opening batsmen never perform but you do, you might (should:) ) move up the order.

I think the best way to get anyones attention is to be listening to them in a positive manner and getting to trainings earlier than the rest. I think you'll find that if you do the little one percenters the rewards will come.
Good Luck. :)

I think the best way to get anyones attention is to be listening to them in a positive manner and getting to trainings earlier than the rest. I think you'll find that if you do the little one percenters the rewards will come.
Good Luck. :)
When i come to training earlier i have to help get the nets ready so everyone else gets to bat?

When i come to training earlier i have to help get the nets ready so everyone else gets to bat?
Not always, but I think that if you did that he'd like it a lot. But more in a way of being at training ready to go. I don't know the guys name, but when he moved to Real Madrid (Football), he made an effort of being at training 2 hours early. When he got to the ground, what he saw was that Ronaldo was already training (and looked like he had been for some time) If your coach sees you are committed to the team, a more major playing role may come your way. If this after a while still doesn't work, maybe the best idea is to tell him what you want to do and if you still can't do that, moving to another club might be a better option for your development.

Not always, but I think that if you did that he'd like it a lot. But more in a way of being at training ready to go. I don't know the guys name, but when he moved to Real Madrid (Football), he made an effort of being at training 2 hours early. When he got to the ground, what he saw was that Ronaldo was already training (and looked like he had been for some time) If your coach sees you are committed to the team, a more major playing role may come your way. If this after a while still doesn't work, maybe the best idea is to tell him what you want to do and if you still can't do that, moving to another club might be a better option for your development.
Yeah ur talkinh about José mourinho, but now this thread is very old anyway and now ive moved country and club, but trust me it wasnt like that if i cale earlier he wouldnt have cared trust me, some coaches are like that...

try not to ask to open the batting or bat at 3 or 4 straight away because the coach will have what he thinks is his best batsmen there, but ask for small things like bat at 9, or 7 etc that shouldnt be too hard. I once asked to go nightwatchman after there were 5 overs left in the day so i opened because the coach didnt want to send his best batsman there and i made 20 and after that i got more chances...

Back