Indian players bats

s_ossy

Indian players bats

I keep noticing what looks like the word "TOM" on the edges of most Indian player's bats, regardless of the brand it seems.
Does anyone know what this is about?!

Re: Indian players bats

No, i zoomed in on it and looked like Tom. Maybe not.
Ganguly had it yesterday and he uses Puma, and Yuvraj had it and he uses Reebok?
Have noticed on quite a few other players too.

I've always thought it was TON but haven't a clue what it means.

Maybe its the branding of the batmaker, as I know a few of the international players get their bats from the same guy.

Doing a small amount of research and it may be put on there to denote that the bat is made from English Willow.

come on the English Willow!
its also not un common for batsmen to have bats made by other people and branded with their personal sponsors!

It's the SS Ton, a bat used by many of the Indian batsmen, they then just apply their sponsers stickers onto the bat. Yuvraj uses a Ton, as does Dravid, because Hero Honda and Britannia don't actually make bats, so they use the best bat they can get.

Correct, Sareen Sports Ltd make the bats for a few of the international players. And then brand their bats with TON on the side.

SG have a few arrows - <<<< SG >>>>>
BDM have a lightning bolt

However just because it doesn't have a brand on the side doesn't mean it isn't one of those makers, I had one of Dhoni's bats which was actually a SS Ton Ranger without any branding on the side.

Back