Indian Test Team Selection Thread

Caesar

What do people think of the Indian Test team at the moment?

I was not surprised to see Gambhir dropped for the current series given his horrid run of form, but there does seem to be a fair bit of shock that Dhawan was his replacement. I am not too familar with the young player but I will be interested to see how he performs. Does anybody with more familiarity with him have a view on the substitution?

Personally I was a little taken aback to see Harbhajan recalled to the team. He has always played well against Australia but his international form has not been great, and from a statistics perspective I can't see much that is particularly outstanding about his recent Ranji Trophy performances. Who else is contending for a place? I presume Chawla is very much on the outer. Where is Yuvraj these days?

Ashwin really impressed me yesterday. Perhaps six from seven makes him look slightly better than he actually bowled, but he seems to be a genuine world-class talent. Why did he struggle so badly against the English?

What do people think of the Indian Test team at the moment?

I was not surprised to see Gambhir dropped for the current series given his horrid run of form, but there does seem to be a fair bit of shock that Dhawan was his replacement. I am not too familar with the young player but I will be interested to see how he performs. Does anybody with more familiarity with him have a view on the substitution?

Personally I was a little taken aback to see Harbhajan recalled to the team. He has always played well against Australia but his international form has not been great, and from a statistics perspective I can't see much that is particularly outstanding about his recent Ranji Trophy performances. Who else is contending for a place? I presume Chawla is very much on the outer. Where is Yuvraj these days?

Ashwin really impressed me yesterday. Perhaps six from seven makes him look slightly better than he actually bowled, but he seems to be a genuine world-class talent. Why did he struggle so badly against the English?

Dhawan had seem good replacement for out of form Gambhir, he had scored his test century in his debut test against Australia, basically he is a power hitter....

The main reason for not in including Harbajan was because of his age... he is 33 and BCCI wanted younger players for the NZ series, the oldest player in the lineup was MSD.... Yuvraj was still in his recovery process, now he is back for the t20 WC

Back