Is Chappel leading the Indian team to Doom?

Indyan

I think that this Chappel experience is turning out to be a nightmare.He is too much of a controll freak.He even asked the players not to approach former players for advice!

A couple of articles in this Context

[b:x5dwb0yh]GREG , THE GODZILLA
How Indian Cricket is the loser?
[/b:x5dwb0yh]

CricketNext has consistently maintained that we will regret mammoth time for appointing Greg Chappell as the coach of the Indian cricket team. We have regrettably noted that Chappell is a blunder of Godzilla proportions, and although we have been accused of being prodigiously prejudiced, we maintain our resolute stance. Now further evidence to corroborate our apprehensions comes from none other than the grand warrior trainer, Bob Woolmer of the Pakistan team.

First speaking to the news channel NDTV, and now in a syndicated column he has explicitly stated that Chappell's tactless, asinine, and churlish accusations that speedster Shoaib Akhtar's bowling action was " suspect ", only ended up with the entire Pakistan team enraged and encouraged by the deliberate malevolent accusation to give the Indians a torrid time on the fourth day at Karachi. The rest, as the clich? goes, is in the history pages. Mr Chappell, shall we now say that Mohammad Asif's bowling is also worthy of a full-time investigation?

Instead of focusing energy on India's fightback, Chapppell dragged India into a needless debate , which was anyway a typical Australian response to a bowler who has repeatedly destroyed opposition with his fiery , gutsy show. Remember, how they humiliated Muttiah Murlitharan? And now even South Africa is not being spared the archetypal Aussie boorishness, which has forced even ICC to look at " racial slurs". Serious stuff, blokes, albeit we understand that Lleyton Hewitt lost in the second round of the Australian Open.

The Indian cricket team is paying an astronomical price for this man's whimsical conduct and capricious statements. BCCI should demand a written explanation from this cantankerous character, who specializes in creating controversies and unwarranted speculation through his unprofessional utterances and imbecile-like beahaviour. Mr Chappell is either a Non Performing Asset or a Performing Liability. Either way, he is an incalculable disaster. Is there not a suitable media code of conduct applicable to the coach or is his verbal diarrhea a remedy for our ills ?

CricketNext recommends that if India fails to deliver the goods against England in our chutney pitches and medu-vada turfs ( I can see Anil Kumble and Bhajji already licking their red cherries) , it may be an appropriate time to do some serious damage control and maybe show Mr Chappell the short-cut to Santa Cruz. We are willing to pick up the taxi fare. Irrespective of size.

[b:x5dwb0yh]BAD COW DISEASE: THE CHAPPELL EFFECT[/b:x5dwb0yh]
Indian cricket has been afflicted by a debilitating disease , which is a close cousin of the famous European Mad Cow. Let me explain.
The affable, tranquil-looking , and essentially peaceful character Inzaman-Ul- Haq , the Pakistan skipper, is suddenly like an angry volcano. And red lava flowing from him is as obtuse as expecting Greg Chappell to love mach-bhaat ( fish-rice, a Bengali delicacy) prepared in mustard oil. The only other time I have seen Inzy so inflammatory was when some irreverent spectators mistook him from a hot potato with sour cream dressing.

Now Inzy ko gussa kyon aata hai ( why does Inzy get so volatile) ? Frankly, anyone who saw him play the ball back defensively to Suresh Raina's equally innocuous throw , will know what I am talking about. There was no " intent " on the part of Inzy to actually obstruct proceedings; it was clear as daylight the bearded captain was simply spontaneously reacting to the throw, without any deliberate effort to save his wicket. He knew he was just too close to the crease to be out , despite himself. And if Inzy is cockily confident of not being caught napping, that is like saying that even George Bush knows that Vikram Chatwal is not the Prime Minister of India. To cut the long story short, if Inzy did not " intend " to really have a deliberate violation in mind, was it fair on the part of the Men in Blue to unexpectedly appeal, and worse, to let Inzy troop back, dismal, forlorn and feeling foolish?

Sure, as per the rule book the mild- mannered modern-day Shrek deserved to have been given a sound spanking. But haven't we seen batsmen so often casually pick up balls, deflect them off the bat etc on several occasions, even in critical phases of the game? And no one even bothers to take advantage of these tactical , technical lapses? Because the main underlying assumption is that the probability of being out is sub-zero and therefore by consequence, the intent is not to attempt highway robbery anyway. So by this logic, the Indians gave Inzy a rather unjust deal.

What's worse is that this has unnecessarily fired up the opposition, made Inzy read the rule book and practice running between the wickets, the Friendship Series has acquired shades of the famous failed Agra Summit, and made the Indians look desperate. If you see the video clips of the replay of that atrocious incident , you will see from the body language that the Indians are looking highly unconvinced themselves. They are simply going through the motions .

Should Rahul Dravid have quickly gathered his wits and called Inzy back? I think so. Will this unwarranted unsportsman-like conduct have a bearing on the outcome of the ODI series? I think so. Will this affect the overall intensity of the encounters and make it unduly charged up? I think so. Is this new-found hard-boiled, cold and clinical, mechanical-machine , win-at-any-cost attitude a personification of the Indian coach's personality? I think so. Like the way Greg Chappell invigorated Shoaib Akhtar and the Pakistan team with his chucking claims, will this make them hungry for revenge at-all-cost? I think so.

Now, what do you think?
Source[/url:x5dwb0yh]

well yeah you gotta stop with your expereinments and do something else...this is no time to experienment...win the series then experienment

Well, people change their opinions on Chappell depending on the way India is performing. If India wins this ODI series, we'll be praising him again and if India loses, we'll be calling for his dismissal. Frankly, I think it's India's bowling that has caused our defeats, not Chappell. There's only a limit to the effect insulting remarks can have on an opposition. If India bowls with discipline and control, it doesn't matter what Chappel says, India will win.

The people who wrote the above articles r idiots....Chappel is the best thing to happen to Indian cricket...if u want to be as good as australia u need to follow what the australian coach tells u....and he is not just any old aussie coach...he is the living legend GREG CHAPPEL.....he knows more about cricket than the idiots who wrote the articles.
The recent success of the Indian team is proof enough that we r on the right track.....anyone who thinks contrary to that can go jump in a lake!!!!
grin.gif

i dont think now he is...i like him always had...im sorry that i doubted his "ways" of coaching...come on greg bring this series home for us
grin.gif

Those articles are from Cricketnext.com who are against Chappell and whose Managing Editor Sanjay 'Kolkatta' Jha is the sidekick of Saurav Ganguly

Saurav is good, but Jha is stupid!

Chappell's stint with the team has been amazing so far! We have won the ODI series against Sri Lanka and Pakistan, we drew the ODI's with South Africa and we thrashed Sri Lanka in the tests. We lost a solitary test to Pakistan, thats all.

Hell no....who the hell says?? Chappel's training is FRIGGIN good!! Sri Lanka 6-1, SA 2-2, Pak 4-1..(They sucked in the test matches but look at that partner ship between Sehwag and Dravid)...He's doing a really good job
icon_smile.gif
. All he needs to do now is rectify the scare of the short pitched deliviries (Yea, I know I spelled that wrong, but who cares).

Keep goin Chappel!

Chappell should work on the techniques of some of his well settled batsmen like Sehwag and Yuvraj... In West Indies, you have to expect pitches that offer lateral movement and only batsmen with good techniques will survive on those pitches.... Sehwag's technique is not good and Yuvraj's is a bit shaky at the moment though he is doing really well... And also on Dhoni who is more of a robust hitter. If Dhoni can improve on the technical front, he can be a terribly devastating batsman in the world.Gilchrist is technically sound. Dhoni needs to hone his technique!

Back