Leggies, I Am Back With My Legspin...

Sorry for bit late.
.....am doing pretty well in matches....ONLY probs which I am facing now a days that...my ball speed increases as I am gaining strength n hight, BUT due to which spin during full length bowling is lesser than during two step drills. Infact I am little bit PUSHY while full run up bowling ....
SLA, DAVE, Boogie can enlighten...

Sorry for bit late.
.....am doing pretty well in matches....ONLY probs which I am facing now a days that...my ball speed increases as I am gaining strength n hight, BUT due to which spin during full length bowling is lesser than during two step drills. Infact I am little bit PUSHY while full run up bowling ....
I have the same issue.

Something I've found interesting to try is a 'jump' drill, no big runup, but you include a vertical hop/jump. So something like, jump up, land on back foot, delivery stride and bowl. The idea is just to gradually incorporate the jump into helping the spinning action. If that works you can then increase the run-up that precedes it, that's my theory anyway.

Sorry for bit late.

By pushy, do you mean you are finding the ball is coming out of the front of the hand with a bit of backspin? This sometimes happens when people try to get through their action faster than their mechanics are able to cope with. Practice bowling quick straight topspinners to get the feel for getting pace on the ball without allowing your arm to supinate back to the neutral position.

Back