Lower Plenty/Monty lightening premiership - Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowCorner

Lower Plenty/Monty lightening premiership - Thoughts

To start off, I miss it.

Years ago it used to be a hugh Sunday where players catch up, have a hit and a giggle (and usually alot of beer) and discuss life and cricket. You sometimes only see opponents once or twice a season and it was another chance to do that.

Its demise has been blamed on many things including the fact that BS/BR/MS/MR in recent years played games on Sundays. With that now gone again what is everyones opinion on the Lightening Prem coming back. I know that LP and Mont would love to give it a crack but support from other clubs and especially the DVCA dropped off and they where unable to support it.

I would love to also here peoples funny stories from the day in years gone past to show those that had missed it how it was.

Cheers

CC

Re: Lower Plenty/Monty lightening premiership - Thoughts

CowCorner;278562 said:
To start off, I miss it.

Years ago it used to be a hugh Sunday where players catch up, have a hit and a giggle (and usually alot of beer) and discuss life and cricket. You sometimes only see opponents once or twice a season and it was another chance to do that.

Its demise has been blamed on many things including the fact that BS/BR/MS/MR in recent years played games on Sundays. With that now gone again what is everyones opinion on the Lightening Prem coming back. I know that LP and Mont would love to give it a crack but support from other clubs and especially the DVCA dropped off and they where unable to support it.

I would love to also here peoples funny stories from the day in years gone past to show those that had missed it how it was.

Cheers

CC

Change it to a super sixes comp, get major sponsor on board to enable prize money increase. Have prize bonuses for biggest six, targets around ground etc and do some proper marketing of it. Make it more of a carnival atmosphere.

brutal;278967 said:
Change it to a super sixes comp, get major sponsor on board to enable prize money increase. Have prize bonuses for biggest six, targets around ground etc and do some proper marketing of it. Make it more of a carnival atmosphere.

For sure it needs a face lift, they should try to bring some new teams in from out side the DVCC. The super six is a good idea maybe evan look at breaking it up over a few weeks and play the games mid week? Have 2 or 3 groups plus keeps your Sundays free, with day light savings its not dark till 8.30, 9 so they could fit a few games in. I know if I had nothing to do and there was a game being played mid week I would go and watch. At the end of the day it needs to change.

The Joker;279017 said:
For sure it needs a face lift, they should try to bring some new teams in from out side the DVCC. The super six is a good idea maybe evan look at breaking it up over a few weeks and play the games mid week? Have 2 or 3 groups plus keeps your Sundays free, with day light savings its not dark till 8.30, 9 so they could fit a few games in. I know if I had nothing to do and there was a game being played mid week I would go and watch. At the end of the day it needs to change.

There should be a midweek comp of the dvca teams that plays 20/20's in the preseason
who would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back