Mitchell Johnson moves to Western Australia

Ljp86

Staff member
Mitchell Johnson moves to Western Australia

Australian bowler Mitchell Johnson will now call Western Australia home after quitting Queensland, the state he spent seven seasons at. The move will now see Johnson play his dometic cricket at Western Australia and is a result of Johnson deciding to be closer to his girlfriend Jessica Bratich, who is a Perth based Karate expert and winner of various championships at national and international level.

Johnson immediately released a statement,

"Leaving Queensland was one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make, but it was something that I had to do because I am entering a very important time in my career and to constantly travel back and forth between Perth and Brisbane was not going to be an ideal situation. I'm looking forward to getting everything sorted out in Perth and getting back into training before the ODI series against Bangladesh in Darwin next month. Obviously this hasn't been an easy decision to make and I will leave with some regrets, but also with plenty of fond memories."

Johnson is keen to work with legendary fast bowler Dennis Lillee, who has helped Johnson throughout his career. However, with Johnson expected to be on international duties for most of the summer, he will play only a handful of games for his adopted state.

Johnson moves to Western Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a coup!! Fantastic news for WA, even though he won't play many games for the Warriors, it'll still be great to have Mitch around training. He will no doubt help with the development of WA's young quicks as well as the guys currently in the Western Australian first XI.

He will be a handy inclusion to the side when he does take to the park for WA. The question is, who will be dropped? Dorey, Edmondson and Magoffin would comprise the WA attack at the moment, the question is, who will be the most expendable when Johnson plays for the Warriors?

Re: Mitchell Johnson moves to Western Australia

Wow.

A great coup indeed Ljp.

Very happy with this pick up.

His grirlfriend cops a mean punch.

Broke a chicks jaw at the Leederville for looking at MJ a little too long! :eek:

Interesting move, can't guarentee him national selection like a move to the Baggy Blue would of but good luck to him. @|

Eggman;228425 said:
W.A will have a killer team no doubt.
Internally are of the opinion will improve this season, but a way to go yet.
I heard that comment before Johno signing of course, but how often will he really be available ?
Good for PR though.

Tivers;229421 said:
Internally are of the opinion will improve this season, but a way to go yet.
I heard that comment before Johno signing of course, but how often will he really be available ?
Good for PR though.

Hardly at all, some articles reckon he won't even be able to play one game this season for WA due to international commitments.

Back