New Zealand and the Hi-Tech Trouser

mas cambios

New Zealand and the Hi-Tech Trouser

The "micro-shine" trousers have a special patch that makes it easier to polish the ball.

But the MCC, who make the game's laws, are happy the trousers do not break laws on artificial aides.

More can be found at BBC.

So what do you lot think? Good thing, bad thing or just meh? Are New Zealand breaking the spirit of the game by wearing these trousers or is it innovative and to be applauded.

Re: New Zealand and the Hi-Tech Trouser

If it's legal it should be looked upon favourably. May be a very innovative idea from the New Zealanders, if it works of course.

I think its a good innovation. I guess the MCC is happy with it as its not tampering with the ball.

Vettori is quoted at the end as saying barely anyone actually wears them, so I don't think it'll make too much of a difference. But you never know, in a few years maybe everyone will have them.

I thought they had been around for a while to be honest, but obviously not filtered through to the test scene until now.

Though I doubt there will be much effect it may help the bowlers a little.

Look at the trouble the kiwi's got themsselves into the last time they experimented with trousers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_trousers

I also found this picture on HERE - don't look too hi-tech, I mean, where are the rocket launchers?!?!?

trousers230.jpg

Lol.
According to that article, the company is planning to develop trousers with abrasive material to help produce reverse swing. That would be ball tampering, wouldn't it? Apparently, they've found a loop hole which makes it legal.

Yeah, there's no regulations on what materials can be used in the clothing - so you won't be bringing illegal stuff on to the pitch to damage the ball - bottle cap trousers anyone?

As far as I'm aware though, they're not doing that now as it is clearly against the spirit of the game.

They were going to make the abrasive patch but stopped as the guy behind the company wishes to become a MCC member. He feels that if he were to go ahead with that idea, it may well harm his chances.

Back