Notepad/ Analysis Notebooks For Coaches... To Be Used During Matches

highesteem1

Dear F'ds

In recent times most of the international cricket Coaches (may be even club level coaches) are scribbling/ noting down their observation, finding, analysis, opinion in a note book/ pad in a systematic way during the matches. they are using this method for the bowlers, fielders, batsman for end session discussions or further coaching strategies, may be even for flaws in captainancy.....

Kindly inform:

1. I would like to know is their any standard note pad or strategy booklet available for the coaches?
  2. If available is it easily available in Google search? can any body inform the links?
  3. can anybody upload a scanned copy of these?

if not available IS IT POSSIBLE to develop a strategy booklet for coaches by all of us, particularly for fielders, bowlers, batsman?

regards

What do you mean is there any standard note pad available? They'd just use a normal pad. It would be difficult to get hold of any of the international ones, mainly because they're for specific cricketers, so they require specific tactics. Please could you be a little more specific? :)

@tumo
Great somebody has responded!!
I know they use only diaries/ copies to note... but like soccer, baseball, basketball I hope now a days coaches in cricket are also using some standerdised note books with specific spaces for overwise fielding placement, landing areas of bowlers,specific shots opted by batsman against specific ball. changing of field place according to bowler or Rt/Lt handed batsman etc. I mean picturised representation of action in each over.
even though cricket is players specific, sometimes common faults can be pointed if the overwise recording can be made in a standardised format. Later on, this can be corraborated with video support.

If no such things are available Our forum should take a lead to develop such one.....

I think what you are looking for is this (or something similar)
http://www.pitchpad.com/index.htm

I don't use it as a coach, but would love to and each year at about this time I have another look and think whether I would have the time to use it at a match or do I have too many other things going on

Back