Playing Yorker

Acrowaroz

Playing Yorker

There Is a simple trick to play yorker ball easily.
1 Just Keep Your Eyes On The Ball.
2 When Ball Is 1 M Away From The Crease Put Your Bat In Front Of Your Legs.
3 See That Ball Is Not Going To The Stumps Othewise...................
YOU WILL BE CLEAN BOWLED!!

Re: Playing Yorker

To add to Acrowaroz's post, keeping out a yorker requires strength in the wrists, unless you play the bat onto the ground and let the ball hit it.

Keeping a yorker out isnt a classy shot, but if its effective, its good!

Sometimes I find yorkers very hard to play. Though in my last game I was blocking them all really well. You just have to stick your bat down really quickly and make sure it near your pad so that it doesn't get through that gap (between your bat and your pad).

Thing is, like i said, it doesnt look pretty, no point having a pretty yorker block, isnt effective, you have to have some wits about you, if your going to stick your bat down you gotta make sure its right else you may aswell have turned your back on the wicket and given the bowler a free castling.

I struggle against the yorker.

An example of this is when my best mate knocked me over for a duck in a club game. It was a rip snorter of a delivery which smashed into my pads then onto leg stump. I was unlucky.

As with any weakness the best way to deal with it is to practice. Get someone to throw the ball at you on a yorker length and just get used to getting the bat down.

It'll take a while but as you go along start to mix the lengths up at make it more of a surprise.

Simbazz said:
Thing is, like i said, it doesnt look pretty, no point having a pretty yorker block, isnt effective, you have to have some wits about you, if your going to stick your bat down you gotta make sure its right else you may aswell have turned your back on the wicket and given the bowler a free castling.

Well defending a yorker isn't the most prettiest shot in the game but it is better than trying to hit a six and missing and getting out.

If you know that the bowler is consistently bowling yorkers then you could try shifting your position around the crease to upset his rhythm. or take a couple of steps down the pitch to convert it into a full toss.

Yorkers are easy to play, if you learn to anticipate them.
They are extremely easy to play, if you know beforehand that a yorker is going to be bowled.

i concider myself good at playing yorkers.
i sorta take a step forward or 2 and and make it a small full toss and i usually drive it back past the bowler.
hope that helps anyone.

Sean said:
I struggle against the yorker.

An example of this is when my best mate knocked me over for a duck in a club game. It was a rip snorter of a delivery which smashed into my pads then onto leg stump. I was unlucky.
haha metlicar fair bowled ya, i was at the other end.

but yesterday this guy was bowling quick yorkers every ball and i found that just getting forward a bit and hitting them with a dead bat worked well. Also if he bowled one even a centimetre down leg and he could be glanced for four. so some advice would be just get forward and play straight and when u have ur eye pick off the balls that your confident arnet placed perfectly.

RILES! said:
haha metlicar fair bowled ya, i was at the other end.

but yesterday this guy was bowling quick yorkers every ball and i found that just getting forward a bit and hitting them with a dead bat worked well. Also if he bowled one even a centimetre down leg and he could be glanced for four. so some advice would be just get forward and play straight and when u have ur eye pick off the balls that your confident arnet placed perfectly.

didnt u get bowled off the yorker from that same guy? ha

:laugh: I'm guessing you two boys know each other.

Getting bowled off a yorker is both annoying and embarrassing! Specially from spinners :cursing:

i think these days yorker is reduced to a restrective ball rather than wicket taking ball because the batsmen manage to squeze the ball out and get a single very often.dhoni can even hit them for 4 :cool

Playing Yorker

There Is a simple trick to play yorker ball easily.
1 Just Keep Your Eyes On The Ball.
2 When Ball Is 1 M Away From The Crease Put Your Bat In Front Of Your Legs.
3 See That Ball Is Not Going To The Stumps Othewise...................
YOU WILL BE CLEAN BOWLED!!
if the ball reverse swings?

Back