Red/Yellow Cards in VTCA?

Kev Davis

Red/Yellow Cards in VTCA?

found an interesting article on the vtca website about the yellow/red card system

Victorian Turf Cricket Association News
VTCA INITIATIVE CONSIDERED BY OTHER ASSOCIATIONS

doesn't 'initiative' mean that it hadnt been done before?

the tasmanian cricket assocition has enforced yellow and red cards since the late 1990's!

is that how far behind the people running the show in this comp are???

Re: Red/Yellow Cards in VTCA?

Does that mean they give 2 out at a time. By the way have you just learnt that the VTCA has this card system ?
Good to see you are in touch with things Kev and does that mean you will be putting your hand up to do something about it, i bet not.

From what i have experienced over the last few years it is clear the yellow and red card system doesn't work...or is not being used correctly.
My comments are based on senior division and witnessing 2nd team cricket last few years.Most umpires probably don't want to use it or forget about it.
There has been ample times to use it, abusing umpires, other teams players etc.
The lack of respect for the umpires, not matter how good or shocking they are is pretty clear to see and hear.I for one are no angel, and needs to be looked at i think.

Kev Davis;326399 said:
found an interesting article on the vtca website about the yellow/red card system

Victorian Turf Cricket Association News
VTCA INITIATIVE CONSIDERED BY OTHER ASSOCIATIONS

doesn't 'initiative' mean that it hadnt been done before?

the tasmanian cricket assocition has enforced yellow and red cards since the late 1990's!

is that how far behind the people running the show in this comp are???

You are all over it mate. Perhaps you should think about running for the exec

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;326505 said:
You are all over it mate. Perhaps you should think about running for the exec

Now that would be an initiative on Kens behalf.
Isaacs is standing down, here's your chance to make a change Kenny.

southern sledge;326200 said:
. Does that mean they give 2 out at a time. By the way have you just learnt that the VTCA has this card system ?
Good to see you are in touch with things Kev and does that mean you will be putting your hand up to do something about it, i bet not.

should the opportunity arise i would be more than happy to put my hand up! who knows maybe things might resemble modern day cricket, eg more onedayers, coloured kits, white balls.

feel free to nominate me at the agm sledge.

ah the old 2 headed tasmania jokes, oldies but some still think they are goodies.

mate how can you not know about the cards, when umpires are more worried about threatening to give players cards, instead of making correct ''out" or "not out" calls

i just found it amusing that the committee and the herald were saying that this is a unique idea thought of by this association when infact they have finally caught up with other competitions in the disciplinary area

Back