Round 1 Results

Re: Round 1 Results

Haileybury 121/6, Gunston 30, Coleman 21, leonardis,19 def St Kevs 119 Lachy 49 williamson 3/14, coleman 3/23

also jimmy paul 4* on debuet

geelong college vs. wesley

Geelong College (batted first)

7/169 after 50 overs

Vines (yr 9 on debut): 35 not out

Carr: 32

Bishop: 27

Summers: 21

Smith: 3/26 from 10

Casssidy: 2/28 from 8

McNamara: 1/26 from 10

Wesley in reply

Fahie: 39

Gairns: 37

Kennedy: 21

Bishop: 3/15 from 4

Gordon (yr 10 on debut): 2/22 from 10

Good first up win to college. i think reality may hit next week when they face xavs.

scotch v grammar

grammar batted first and were in trouble at 4/50 after 18 overs, the middle and lower order batted very well however and got the score up to 8/220 after 50 overs (Jenkins 46 Bett 31 Bean 28, eldridge 2/44 van den broek 2/48)

scotch's innings started well being 1/35 after 10. Noone in the top 6 was able to go on with it however and after a small collaps in the middle order scotch slumped to 7/112. Tom Sinclair batted well and ensured that scotch weren't entirely embarrassed carrying scotch to 162 all out after 42 overs. (Sinclair 36* McKnight 28 Macmillan 25 Voyage 3 fa, Cameron, Bett and trotter 2 fa).

Scotch's much vaunted batting lineup has failed 2 weeks in succession and some tough selection decisions may be made to ensure it doesnt happen again

How have St Kev's been going this year? We're playing them next week. Is Clancey as good as some people make him out to be?

fiskem;281832 said:
scotch v grammar

grammar batted first and were in trouble at 4/50 after 18 overs, the middle and lower order batted very well however and got the score up to 8/220 after 50 overs (Jenkins 46 Bett 31 Bean 28, eldridge 2/44 van den broek 2/48)

scotch's innings started well being 1/35 after 10. Noone in the top 6 was able to go on with it however and after a small collaps in the middle order scotch slumped to 7/112. Tom Sinclair batted well and ensured that scotch weren't entirely embarrassed carrying scotch to 162 all out after 42 overs. (Sinclair 36* McKnight 28 Macmillan 25 Voyage 3 fa, Cameron, Bett and trotter 2 fa).

Scotch's much vaunted batting lineup has failed 2 weeks in succession and some tough selection decisions may be made to ensure it doesnt happen again

Fiskem modestly failed to mention his solid forward defence off Bett it was truly superb to watch and Team Morale wishes he could be as solid as that.

teamorale491;281929 said:
Fiskem modestly failed to mention his solid forward defence off Bett it was truly superb to watch and Team Morale wishes he could be as solid as that.

hahaha thanks for those kind words team morale... congratulations on the win yesterday, if you'd like personal batting coaching im only a phone call away. Best of luck for the remainder of the year im sure grammar will thrive under your hyperbolic leadership.

Haileybury are looking strong for the rest of the season got off to a great start i don't know what all the fuss is about clancey hes a joke he wouldn't even get a gig at most schools

fiskem;281955 said:
hahaha thanks for those kind words team morale... congratulations on the win yesterday, if you'd like personal batting coaching im only a phone call away. Best of luck for the remainder of the year im sure grammar will thrive under your hyperbolic leadership.

i believe its pronounced hy-per-bole-AY

The Import;281966 said:
Haileybury are looking strong for the rest of the season got off to a great start i don't know what all the fuss is about clancey hes a joke he wouldn't even get a gig at most schools

you wouldnt get a gig at ANY schools

teamorale491;281929 said:

i wholeheartedly agree. can't figure out why he didn't bat at 3, instead of that bloke 'oh burn', who likes leaving balls on his stumps

FioraDud;282109 said:
i wholeheartedly agree. can't figure out why he didn't bat at 3, instead of that bloke 'oh burn', who likes leaving balls on his stumps

lets be honest i like o'beirn. he's an inner east emu after all.
however facing louis cameron who is just about the quicket bowler in the APS, bats a meter and a half outside of his crease - lliterally doesn't see the ball, and leaves it on middle stump. sometimes young kids just have to learn their place and he's a very talented player but it was blatantly arrogant batting that far outside his crease to Louis.

'oh burn' morale -10

Back